Reproduction Dial?

Bill Stockton

Feb 4, 2017
Mishawaka, Indiana
Country
Region
Does anybody know of someone who can make a new porcelain dial? I have a South Bend Polaris and would like to find a dial for it or have one made. Actually I'm not sure if an original would be porcelain or enamel.

Last edited:

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region
To my Knowledge, PW dials are all enamel, not porcelain. I have not seen a source for someone making enamel dials

Tom

Reactions: gmorse

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
There is a boutique wristwatch company making enamel dials for their watches but it is a very involved process, I don't know of anybody offering the same subcontract.

It is a process done by lots of crafters but I don't know anyone who could make a watch dial with the precision required.

D.th.munroe

Feb 15, 2018
BC Canada
Country
Region
Like Novicetimekeeper said there is a couple making enamel dials but unless your doing a batch of them it might cost more than the watch is worth, and definitely more than waiting to find a replacement dial on that auction site.
Dan

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi,

This chap made the enamel dial for Derek Pratt's H4, a superb piece of work.

Regards,

Graham

DoughBoyWatches

Jan 5, 2021
Country
Thanks for the input guys. Will let you all know if I find anyone.
Advanced Clock Repair Services - Dennis Kaye I used him a while back and he did a stunning job but with him and going to assume with anyone else it was quite pricey but the dial I sent him was very rare and worth about $600+ you can always look into clock dial repair shops instead of searching for watch dial repairs....there is plenty of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CopperPry
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre