Replacing Brass Bushings

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by breeze, Oct 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. breeze

breeze Registered User

May 2, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am currently working on a wood plate movement with brass wheels and brass bushings. The second wheel pivot is worn in a cone shape from 65 thou down to 40 thou and the pivot hole is worn open to 77 thou. My first question is do you think I should reduce the entire pivot to 40 thou or does it need re-pivoted? Second is how to best clean the remaining pivot holes? How are the brass bushing in the plate removed? It looks like the bushing were pushed in and peened over, if so, what is the proper method of removing them? My first thought is to use a drill bit to cut away peened over area than push out the brass bushing. I have never worked on this style clock and any help the more experienced folks can provide is greatly appreciated.

breeze

2. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    is it an american or black forest mvmt. with these brass bushings?Please pics!
    Burkhard

3. breeze

breeze Registered User

May 2, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have no idea of the origin of the movement. I tried to post pics but I can not seem to sync my camera and laptop. I know it's very hard to help without them. I will try again. Thanks Burkhard.

breeze