• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Replacement screws for Chelsea Ship's Clock

DenisG

Sep 7, 2003
Hello all,

I have a nice time only Chelsea ship's clock from 1915. It is in pretty good shape other than the fact that it is missing the three screws which secure the movement and dial to the case. Would anyone happen to know the size of screws I need for this? Thanks!

Denis G

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
That's a bit harder than finding the right size on a screw. You might have to take it with you to a hardware store to test sizes. Then you'll be able to get what you need there or from another supplier. I'm guessing it will be a metric size. If the length is too long, buy a nut of the same size, and screw it onto the screw. Then cut off the end. When you take the nut off again, it will repair the threads so you can use it.

Last edited:

gloos

NAWCC Member
Nov 19, 2002
On my Chelsea ships bell, the three screws are 3-48 x 5/16 brass round head and silvered.

Colin Drake

Feb 9, 2015
Tacoma, Wa
Country
Region
Timesavers had original Chelsea dial screws listed in their catalogue. That was a couple years ago. I don't see the screws online, but you could give them a call and see.

Last edited:

Shipsbell

NAWCC Member
Apr 12, 2010
Country
Region
Hello all,

I have a nice time only Chelsea ship's clock from 1915. It is in pretty good shape other than the fact that it is missing the three screws which secure the movement and dial to the case. Would anyone happen to know the size of screws I need for this? Thanks!

Denis G
Denis, contact Chelsea, they have been selling parts. I have purchased several parts lately with very nice customer service people. Patrick

TEACLOCKS

NAWCC Member
Mar 22, 2005
Santa Rosa Calif.
www.weserviceallclocks.com
Country
Region
Denis, contact Chelsea, they have been selling parts. I have purchased several parts lately with very nice customer service people. Patrick
About 8 Months ago I tried too buy some Arabic #s from Chelsea, the wanted me to send in the clock,
They would not sell the parts.
What is the phone # you used to talk to Chelsea.
I will try that # if you give it up.
thank you
Lloyd

TEACLOCKS

NAWCC Member
Mar 22, 2005
Santa Rosa Calif.
www.weserviceallclocks.com
Country
Region

About 8 Months ago I tried too buy some Arabic #s from Chelsea, the wanted me to send in the clock,
They would not sell the parts.
What is the phone # you used to talk to Chelsea.
I will try that # if you give it up.
thank you
Lloyd

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin2020