Repeaters

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by Richard Watkins, Jan 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Watkins

Richard Watkins Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

I have just finished the second edition of my book "The Repeater" (available from www.watkinsr.id.au). Compared to the first edition, there are changes throughout and a new chapter on grande sonnerie clock-watches.

2. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Richard,

Many thanks, I look forward to reading this edition; the earlier one has proved invaluable.

Regards,

Graham

3. dshumans

dshumans Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Excellent work! I read it all the way through. I always wondered how the modern CAD/CAM wristwatch repeaters worked. Also enjoyed the grande sonnerie section, although I have seen almost as many designs there as there are for repeaters. I also learned new names for some of the parts for which I use different names (like "flirt" or "trip dog"). To do all of this detailed explanation so well, your writing must be a work of love for these magnificent old machines.
    Doug Shuman

4. rstl99

rstl99 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Male
    Retired and free (with dog again!)
    Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have always admired your work Richard; your translations from French works, in particular, are a tremendous contribution to English-speaking horology aficionados. Best regards,
    --Robert