• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Removing the minute hand from a Lux pendelette clock

jbigbucks

Jan 20, 2022
Country
I am new to the forum just signed up. I have a Lux pendulette clock that I am going to take apart a clean but I can't get the minute hand to come off. What can be used to help loosen it?

Mike Mall

Oct 27, 2021
Country
Here is what I used on mine, it works well.
It's sold for about 6 bucks as an "RC 4WD motor pinion puller" 15422 on Ebay.

Rudolphpull.jpg

Mike Mall

Oct 27, 2021
Country
It has to be pressed back on - while supporting the arbor from behind.
Also the hour hand comes off with the dial, then it will fall out the back side, along with the gear it's mounted on.

jbigbucks

Jan 20, 2022
Country
It has to be pressed back on - while supporting the arbor from behind.
Also the hour hand comes off with the dial, then it will fall out the back side, along with the gear it's mounted on.
Thank you for responding. I will look into the puller. I got it off before you replied, but your hour hand information came in very handy. I thought I had to get it off before I could remove the movement.

Mike Mall

Oct 27, 2021
Country
Looks better than the Bergeon one. The thin steel slides in the Bergeon one can break since they are very brittle. They can slide under hands with very little gap though.
For what these cost, it would be an inexpensive experiment to file one thinner.
The LUX I used it on had plenty of room for it.

There is another little puller that sells for under 8 bucks, that has a selection of arbor sizes. Not shown in the pic - is that the crowfoot plate is milled thinner on one side. Sold as "Motor Pinion Gear Puller Remover Tools Set For Rc Helicopter Motor Pinion Parts".

1642777370918.png

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I have that one, and honestly find very little use for it. It's clumsy and doesn't fit most of what I need it for because of the size and center position. This one is my favorite and my go-to for most pulling jobs. I have reduced the bottom thickness a bit with no issues.

Reactions: Mike Mall

Mike Mall

Oct 27, 2021
Country
I have that one, and honestly find very little use for it. It's clumsy and doesn't fit most of what I need it for because of the size and center position. This one is my favorite and my go-to for most pulling jobs. I have reduced the bottom thickness a bit with no issues.
Yes it is a little clumsy - another here mentioned that he cut the plate in half.
I'll have to put that one on my next order list.
Clocks, and tools, are my addictions.

jbigbucks

Jan 20, 2022
Country
Thank you everyone for responding, there is a timesavers location about 20 miles from me so I will be ordering some stuff.

jbigbucks

Jan 20, 2022
Country
I have succesfully taken apart and cleaned and oiled the pendulette, it is on my wall running for three days now. Thanks for the assist. I am now working on a Westclox Imperial movement, but it needs a new click spring. I can't find anything on the internet so I was wondering if anyone has fixed this and with what?

20220126_182419.jpg 20220125_141112.jpg

jbigbucks

Jan 20, 2022
Country
I made one and it is working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenIdella
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions