Removing a chrono movement from the case

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Paul Raposo, Apr 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. Paul Raposo

Paul Raposo Registered User

Nov 4, 2005
    I was hoping to get some advice on removing a Landeron 248 chrono movement from it's case. Do I just pull out the crown to the setting position and loosen the screw as per usual, or are there any other steps I need to do beforehand?

[​IMG]

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    Undo the set lever screw until the stem can be removed and simply tip the movement out. Unless of course the case requires that you take it out through the glass, which I doubt in this instance.

3. Paul Raposo

Nov 4, 2005
    Thanks much roughbarked :thumb:

Do I pull the crown out to the setting position before loosening the set screw?

4. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    I usually don't pull the crown out when undoing the set lever screw. This may cause the yoke lever to slip out of the clutch pinion. Yes to pulling the stem to the hands set position when tightening the set lever screw.

5. Paul Raposo

Nov 4, 2005
    Thanks for the tip roughbarked. I think I've been doing it wrong all this time--I pull out the crown to loosen the set screw then remove the crown. Then when replacing it I don't push the crown in all the way, tighten the screw then push the crown in.