Regulator Glass Replacement

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by George Mitchell, Dec 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. George Mitchell

George Mitchell Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Male
    Retired (and loving it!!)
    Arkansas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I hope this is the correct place to post this. If not, my apologies and please let me know where to put it.
    I have a Regulator style clock that had a little accident that cause the bottom glass to be broken. No damage to the clock but I need to replace the bottom glass in the door. I am thinking that it will be easier to but a new glass and either do reverse painting or get decals to match the original. I really do not think the reverse painting is the answer due to the intricate details.

Where can I get a decal to match the original? The glass that is broken still has three good corners and the "REGULATOR" so I am wondering if that can be used for a pattern? If so, where do I look for somebody that can create a decal for me?

Also do I need rub-on or water transfer? Have not done any work with decals since I was a kid working on model airplanes many, many years ago!!

IMG_0993.JPG