• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Regula movements

POWERSTROKE

Jan 11, 2011
I have access to get new regula movements. I know there has been a shortage. Pm me if interested.

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Jul 4, 2009
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Country
Region
I tried to PM you. ??
I also reached out, but no reply. FWIW, it has been very difficult in Germany. COVID has departments shut down sporadically. The price of materials has skyrocketed, if one can get them. For the company manufacturing the cuckoo movements, this is now a very small part of their operations, which is mostly supplying parts to the auto industry. If one or two folks in that department get COVID, it shuts down the entire department. The good news is that the company itself is financially very strong, and unlike Hubert Herr is not likely to disappear. There is a misconception that there are no cuckoo movements available in the US. That may be true of some suppliers. It is true that the most common 2 weight units are gone. But I suspect Black Forest made some large purchases before this disaster as did we. It doesn’t cost anything to ask about availability.
On another note, Hermle has just unloaded two containers and you supplier should be fully stocked shortly.
Finally, there is still a misconception about Kieninger. They have been under new ownership and have been producing movements steadily. Mostly isn’t he K and M series. This year they will expand into producing again the PS series. I thought readers would like an update.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member