Regula Cuckoo clock movement

tomalan

New User
Oct 10, 2009
Hi I have a mid 70's black forest cuckoo clock that the movement is worn out.
Writen on the back plate it say Regula GM and 34/1/77.
The Regula is in the middle bottom and the GM is stapped on both sides in the middle.
I was wondering if I just ordered and replacement movement, that it only needs to be a "34"? Or do I need the exact size?
My problem with this clock one of the whells off the chain whell is very loose(shaft wobbles). Si I figured with these heavy weights it just wore out.
Thanks, Tom

bkerr

Nov 29, 2007
Canal Fulton,OH
Country
Region
I am guessing that the 1/77 is a date code. How do the other pivots look. Certainly a new movement can be installed. I'd note the drop length. From the center shaft to the center of the leaf (pendulum adjustment) get the measurement. There are several to choose from. Also, you will have to either change the bird arm or bend the new one to fit in the house. Most of the time I will swap out the arm, rebending can be a pain. Good luck and welcome to the board.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
tom,

You can replace the chainwheels. Order them from BFI. Unless the clock was dormant for a long time, most 1977 movements would be very tired and due a replacement. Be sure to check the pendulum post length. If it is off by more than 1/8 inch you will have to use the old post, or modify the new one.

Good luck, Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hallmawfuedu
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-