Reflections on 9/11

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Tom McIntyre, Sep 13, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I was thinking, as I am sure many of you were also, this week about where I was and what I was doing a year ago.

In my case, I was in the airport lounge at Gatwick Airport in London waiting to board my flight back to Boston the morning (afternoon there) of 9/11. Needless to say, I spent a bit more time in London.

It was not a good time, but there was one highlight. Because of the delay in my return I spent an extra day at the Portobello Road market and found a nice example of a Synchronome Clock with a matching Slave Dial. I have not yet been able to get both the clock and the slave dial operating properly. Perhaps that is symbolic of their origins. :frown:

5.jpg

------------------
    Tom McIntyre
    NAWCC 2nd VP Candidate
    Tommy the JOAT's Web

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I was thinking, as I am sure many of you were also, this week about where I was and what I was doing a year ago.

In my case, I was in the airport lounge at Gatwick Airport in London waiting to board my flight back to Boston the morning (afternoon there) of 9/11. Needless to say, I spent a bit more time in London.

It was not a good time, but there was one highlight. Because of the delay in my return I spent an extra day at the Portobello Road market and found a nice example of a Synchronome Clock with a matching Slave Dial. I have not yet been able to get both the clock and the slave dial operating properly. Perhaps that is symbolic of their origins. :frown:

5.jpg

------------------
    Tom McIntyre
    NAWCC 2nd VP Candidate
    Tommy the JOAT's Web