Mechanical WW Recta Watch Case and Dial

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by wbranko, Feb 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wbranko

wbranko Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I bought a terminally messed up Recta Watch on line to practice on. I now have the watch running just fine, but have two other problems. First of all, the case back and rim are stainless and in great shape...but the case itself is pitted, poorly repaired, and one of the arms is cracked (see photo). I think it is probably too far gone to fix. Also the dial is very dirty. See photos!

Question 1: Anyone know where I could find a replacement case for this Recta? I would like to keep the same snap on case back and rim if possible.

Question 2: Any recommendations on someone who does re-luming and dial restoration on watches like this?

20180211_130417.jpg 20180211_130505.jpg 20180211_130603.jpg

2. Skutt50

Skutt50 Registered User

Mar 14, 2008
    Male
    Gothenburg
    Country Flag:
    I can't help you with the case but the reluming is not that hard.

You need to get a kit with lumination powder and some resin that you mix to a paste.My kit is from Bergeon but there is probably other available. It is easy to repaint the hands but numbers are a bit more tricky.

The paste is applied from the back on the hands.

For numbers I use a fine paint brush but often I miss the fine lines. This can however be compensated by pushing the paint with a toothpick, looking through a good magnifier.....
    (I don't know if it because of time and wear but I often find original paint that is not perfectly applied.)

3. wbranko

wbranko Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thanks! I will probably try to relume the hands myself, but I'm a little skittish about trying the numerals. I will have to think about it. I appreciate the assistance!