Recommended cart or dolly for moving items from car to mart table?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Robert Doris, Jan 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robert Doris

Robert Doris AzBob
    NAWCC Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Prescott, Arizona
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi all,
    I will be attending the Arizona Sunshine Regional for the first time as a seller.
    Just wondering what type of cart or dolly would be useful for moving items from the car to the mart table?

2. THTanner

THTanner Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Jul 3, 2016
    Male
    Carson City, Nevada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have one of these - or similar - a bit wobbly due to the hinges, but it fits in the vehicle and is fairly steady when loaded. The wheel are large enough to roll easily and they have locks - 100 pounds per shelf

Google Express

3. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    #3 John Arrowood, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    I have seen at Costco a folding wagon, like a child's wagon, that looks handy. I haven't checked it out and don't know how small a package it folds into. Just checked Costco and the wagon has 4 7or 8" wheels, the sides and bottom are fabric and it has a 100 lb capacity.

4. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    If you have room, a 'Garden Way' cart can't be beat for one person transporting large volumes of anything. They fold flat but still take up a good bit of room.
    Willie X

5. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    oakland, ca.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  6. Robert Doris

Robert Doris AzBob
    NAWCC Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Prescott, Arizona
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks all for the cart recommendations. Good to know what others are using.

Will be comparing features and sizes. The Garden Way appears to be a good choice. The 2 shelf collapsible metal cart has the advantage of compactness.

7. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What you plan to haul might well suggest a type of cart. I personally like something that will manage 200 pounds or more since I often deal in tower clock parts or larger clocks. I also like one that folds up or can be compacted in one fashion or another. I personally like this one and have used one of these for some time. Milwaukee Folding Handle Platform Cart-DC33881 - The Home Depot It folds up nicely and handles the weight OK. Also, I can stack several large clocks on it if need be, as well as boxes and the like.

I see a lot of folks using these sorts for lighter and smaller loads. Travel Smart CTS Flat Folding Multi-Use Cart-TS36FC - The Home Depot They have not worked well for me, too light duty.

8. Robert Doris

Robert Doris AzBob
    NAWCC Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Prescott, Arizona
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I ended up ordering the Milwaukee Folding Handle Platform Cart from HD. Fits my lighter load needs perfectly. Appreciate the folding handle feature as well. Makes for compact storage.

IMG_2993.jpg

9. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I moved my parents in law to an assisted living apt. a few years ago. They had a home made cart that was great. Just a carpet covered board about 2.5 feet wide and 4.5 feet long, two solid wheels in the back and two rotating wheels in the front, and a rope attached to each front corner, forming a loop to pull the cart. It would be easy to make and I was impressed at how easy it was to move even heavy items. The whole thing only weighed 15 lbs. or there about.

10. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have seen carts like this at Regionals and they seem to work very well. The only thing I would add is to make sure the rope is long enough that you don't lift the front and lose the load when you pull.