Recently acquired Waterbury clock.

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Mikandcar, Dec 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mikandcar

Mikandcar Registered User

Dec 2, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    hi all, I recently acquired this clock from an abandoned storage unit and I’m having difficulty identifying what model it is. Can any one help?
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello, and welcome to the board.

Someone with the Waterbury (not Waterford) information should be along to assist and possibly supply you with a model name.

If you can edit your posting to change the title from Waterford to Waterbury, that would be quite helpful for future reference. If you can not do so, perhaps a moderator could make the change.

Regards.

3. Mikandcar

Dec 2, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I hate it when I do that :)

4. Mikandcar

Dec 2, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I’m still trying to figure out the model for this clock. Do you have any contacts that may know?

5. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There are people who frequent this board who have the Waterbury literature. I assume that they have not had the opportunity to search their literature.

We have a thread devoted to Waterbury clocks:

Post Your Waterbury Clocks Here!

If you peruse through that thread, perhaps you will find that your clock may have been identified.

Regards.

6. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    I am assuming the case is metal (not entirely clear from the pictures, but the back appears to be). If that is correct, the clock would be the Geneva, shown in Tran Duy Ly's book on Waterbury clocks from the 1915 catalogue, though it may have also been offered a few years either side of that year. Said to be "Old Brass."