Rear Cover of Bulletin

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by watchwldr940, Mar 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. watchwldr940

watchwldr940 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Hello All
    At our Chapter 1 meeting yesterday there was a lively discussion about the rear cover of the latest Bulletin. The general consensus was that the image displayed, that of a double exposed portrait unearthed in a box of Hamilton Watch Co archives, left a lot to be desired. Surely the editor could have come up with a more suitable image to grace the (rear) cover one of the premier Horological journals in publication today! Respectfully, George Morrison

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Clearly two different images printed together. Was the original one like that, or did the cover people do it? We may never know :)

3. watchwldr940

watchwldr940 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2008
    That is how the researcher at NAWCC found the picture, if I read the description correctly. My guess is that the photographer at Hamilton was making portraits for their magazine or whatever publication, double exposed the film, and after printing it out filed the print in a box, only to be unearthed years later with no explanation found as yet. There is an article in this issue that describes Hamilton's use of photography and that's all well and good, but wouldn't, say, an image of a Hamilton timepiece on the cover be more appropriate than a botched portrait? George

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just got around to reading the Bulletin, and found the story. It is an interesting find, but why it was saved and why it merits a cover spot is the big question :)