Really Nice American Case with a Molyneux & Co Liverpool Fusee inside.

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Omexa, Sep 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    #1 Omexa, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Hi, this is (was) the second of my futile attempts to get things going and completed. Everything was going along beautifully and I got the Fusee movement running nicely; I have all the Parts including Hands and I was looking forward to a completed Pocket Watch. My Hat goes off to the American Case maker who made the Case, everything still works OK and he or she has put Gold Hinges on the Case; even the Hinge where the movement hinges is Gold. Then I took a close look at the Dial, somehow the movement is not Central to the Dial. I had a close look at the Dial and removed it from the Dial Plate; oh no a "Botcher" has been at work. For a start the 3 parts with the Hole in them to fix to the movement are held in with Silastic, and move about. When I removed the Dial it sprung away from the Dial Plate, it had been forced down which resulted in the Dial Cracking. Now I have to find another age related Dial. The Dial Plate has what looks to be 1844 on it. Regards Ray in tears. View attachment 356264 View attachment 356253 View attachment 356254 View attachment 356255 View attachment 356256 View attachment 356257 View attachment 356258 View attachment 356259 View attachment 356260 View attachment 356261 View attachment 356262