RE: Suggestion for Wall Clock Case Multi-Tiered Crown Molding Mill Work

jwagner

NAWCC Member
Aug 29, 2009
Country
Region
I have a time recorder clock case that is being restored and need to have some crown molding cut for the top. Have a piece of the molding from another clock so pattern available (can create CAD drawing if needed) along with the quarter sawn white oak. Might anyone have a suggestion on who might be able to cut about 3 feet of the custom molding or how to proceed? This is one of the final steps to finish up the case before installing the restored clock movement and punch card mechanism. Thank you.

Paul Arsenault

NAWCC Member
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Country
Region
I have a time recorder clock case that is being restored and need to have some crown molding cut for the top. Have a piece of the molding from another clock so pattern available (can create CAD drawing if needed) along with the quarter sawn white oak. Might anyone have a suggestion on who might be able to cut about 3 feet of the custom molding or how to proceed? This is one of the final steps to finish up the case before installing the restored clock movement and punch card mechanism. Thank you.
Any chance you could post a picture of molding?

jwagner

NAWCC Member
Aug 29, 2009
Country
Region
IMG_3904.JPG
Thank you for asking about the molding profile - this is a photograph of a few pieces of the crown molding from another time recorder case (incomplete trim set but representative of the dimensions).

Paul Arsenault

NAWCC Member
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Country
Region
thank you for the pictures. i thought i might be able to make a piece for you but that contour is far beyond my capabilities. you might check with a millwork company they should be able to custom make one. Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeteABC123
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-