Rare Color Ansonia Figural Mantle Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Lincolnhill, Sep 12, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Lincolnhill

Lincolnhill Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Ebay Item # 2100424034

Can someone verify if Ansonia truly produced such a piece or has this clock been refinished at some point?

Just curious.

Michael

2. Lincolnhill

Lincolnhill Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Ebay Item # 2100424034

Can someone verify if Ansonia truly produced such a piece or has this clock been refinished at some point?

Just curious.

Michael

3. anzer

anzer Guest

Many years ago I saw an Ansonia 'Florida with group # 1090' as ahown in Tran Duy Ly's book on Ansonia clocks pg 378 #1471 that was done in golden bronze with the flowers and figures done in many colors. It appeared to be original and very attractive. Trans' book also lists figure clocks avialable in as many as 8 different finishs. So the clock on ebay may be correct.

Anzer

4. Don DeMarcus

Don DeMarcus Registered User

Aug 26, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Michael & Anzer

I am not sure if they came in that color, but I have asked Jim the owner of for you.
    Maybe he will respond.

I am sure that if you saw it in person you could tell if it was original, patina loss, maybe ask him if it looks refinished.

Anzer can you send me a picture of the Florida and Group, I have one and would like to compare it with mine.

Thanks for your time.

demarcusdrainage@attbi.com

Don DeMarcus

[This message has been edited by Don DeMarcus #0135928 (edited 09-15-2002).]

5. anzer

anzer Guest

Don,

Sorry I can't sent a photo. I don't have one. I saw this clock some 25 years ago and the owner of it by this time has since passed on. As I remember it did appear to be an original finish because of the wear and chipping that was present on the case. It did seem unusual but at the same time made a very pleasing appearance. Sorry I can't offer more but I've never seen another clock finished like that since.
    Anzer