• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

rack pin skipping every other tooth

MipAmp

Aug 2, 2019
Country
I have a two key Garrard mantle clock made in England. Iin counting the strikes the rack pin skips every other thooth. Because of this I can only have 6 strikes. Other than that everything is going well. Happy New Year.
[ATTACHREUSE]

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
Hello Amp,
Maybe an appropriate length video posted to YouTube and linked here would help us see what's going on.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Look closely at the gathering pallet. It may have had two pins at one time, and one broke off. Easy to fix if that's the case. Your attachments don't show. Use the "attach files" box below the posting box.

Reactions: SuffolkM

MipAmp

Aug 2, 2019
Country
I have a two key Garrard mantle clock made in England. Iin counting the strikes the rack pin skips every other tooth. Because of this I can only have 6 strikes. Other than that everything is going well. Happy New Year.
[ATTACHREUSE]
Hello Amp,
Maybe an appropriate length video posted to YouTube and linked here would help us see what's going on.
Hi, I was able to Zip file

Attachments

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
It appears that it should have two pins on the gathering pallet, but I can't see what the hammers are doing to tell for sure. If you could post to Youtube and link here it would be better. Not everyone can unzip files :)

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVGB
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit