R&M Floor Clock

zepernick

Deceased
Aug 8, 2004
Country
Region
Fortunat Mueller-Maerki's "Horology - The Index"
lists "R&M Imports (Randy Thatcher)..." under Horological Supplies. An email address is given:
<rclocktime@aol.com>. Could be...
Regards, Duck in AZ

Andy Krietzer

Feb 21, 2001
Country
Region
Randy Thatcher is in Ohio, I believe, and currently sells clock supplies, and Herschede replacement parts. It must be another one.

Andy

zepernick

Deceased
Aug 8, 2004
Country
Region
Andy --
As it turns out, Randy T. wasn't familiar with an
R&M Clock Company (in LA). He had some
memory of an R&M clockshop, but in Oregon.
Duck

zepernick

Deceased
Aug 8, 2004
Country
Region
Greetings Flyer -- I'd done a Germany-based search for an R&M, as well, And nothing had turned up, either. However most mechanical movements on these type clocks within the past four decades or so were fitted with movements made in the Federal Republic of Germany. Your R&M is/was most likely an American importer, or a firm fitting G movements to cases.

In short, if you have a photo of the movement itself -- and can note any stampings etc.on it -- I'd bet that one of our MBers will be able to identify it. Regards, Duck

zepernick

Deceased
Aug 8, 2004
Country
Region
Good morning Flyer. Before taking photos (and one of the front and one of the back should do) see if there are any markings on the movement -- usually on the back plate. As far as our helping. that's no problem. We're stubbornly fascinated by clocks <G>. Regards, Duck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cicastol
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre