• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Question Regarding Ingraham Pansy Gingerbread Clocks

Vint

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
Region
I have a couple of Ingraham kitchen gingerbread clocks and am interested in knowing why some have a level and thermometer and some do not. Any explanation or history about the age of these clocks is most welcome. This particular clock was my first in terms of learning about clock repair, cleaning, etc and it is a joy to work with.
Thank you.

Thomas Sanguigni

NAWCC Member
Aug 22, 2018
secondhandclockshop.com
Country
Region
It was just a gimmick for sales. The master case would have an assortment of clocks to give the retailer a selection to bolster sales. I have a Lilly in the flower series, and it does not have a thermometer or level.

Vint

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
Region
It was just a gimmick for sales. The master case would have an assortment of clocks to give the retailer a selection to bolster sales. I have a Lilly in the flower series, and it does not have a thermometer or level.
I was curious as I’ve seen some “pansy” gingerbread clocks have both thermometer and level or just one or neither. Appreciate the explanation.

c.kugle

Jul 15, 2021
Country
I have a couple of Ingraham kitchen gingerbread clocks and am interested in knowing why some have a level and thermometer and some do not. Any explanation or history about the age of these clocks is most welcome. This particular clock was my first in terms of learning about clock repair, cleaning, etc and it is a joy to work with.
Thank you.
I have an Ingraham Gila model with a thermometer and barometer but as stated they were mostly sales gimmicks but many farmers and boaters bought the ones with the barometers to check weather in the pre-dawn hours...

Vint

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
Region
I have an Ingraham Gila model with a thermometer and barometer but as stated they were mostly sales gimmicks but many farmers and boaters bought the ones with the barometers to check weather in the pre-dawn hours...
I’ve not seen an Ingraham with a barometer. Do you have a pic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidEckman
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-