• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Electric WW Question: Caliber AL33 Hattori. Problem securing crown-stem

boblalux

Nov 13, 2013
Friesland, Germany
Country
View attachment 3017682

Question: When I pull out crown/stem to correct day/date/time, the stem comes out COMPLETELY. How can I secure the stem? In the photo attached is it the flattened hook on the right of the foto? Do I push it upwards, downwards, to left, to rfight? Or what?
Thanks
Bob

boblalux

Nov 13, 2013
Friesland, Germany
Country
watch.jpg

Question: When I pull out crown/stem to correct day/date/time, the stem comes out COMPLETELY. How can I secure the stem? In the photo attached is it the flattened hook on the right of the foto? Do I push it upwards, downwards, to left, to rfight? Or what?
Thanks
Bob

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country
Not sure what you mean by "flattened hook".
Usually with modern quartz movements there is a hole in the top plate close to where the stem enters. Behind this hole there is a thin metal plate with a dimple in it. To remove the stem you push on this plate through the hole and pull the stem out. I'm unfamiliar with this particular movement so I can't tell you which of the holes in the top plate it is. I also can't tell where the stem enters the movement. It could be that the latch holding the stem in place is broken or that the stem was not pushed fully home when put back into the movement the last time it was taken out. Does the crown sit all the way down against the case of the watch?

Maybe look for a service manual for this movement online or maybe a schematic. That will tell you where to look for what you seek.

Best

/Karl

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country
Ah, now I see what you are getting at... I thought the insert in the picture was your way of clarifying what you meant, now I see that it's from a different use originally.

Yeah, where it says "PUSH" you push down axially on the part with a piece of pegwood or tweezers. Pushing there could also help easy the stem into place if it resists setting all the way in just by pushing. The Miyota movements I've com into contact with required a little force to set all the way home. I'm afraid of breaking stuff so I helped them along by holding down the setting lever.

This page should provide you with all you need: http://tech.gleaveandco.com/tech-sheets/hattori

/Karl

boblalux

Nov 13, 2013
Friesland, Germany
Country
Question : Caliber AL33 - securing crown/stem

Thanks
Bob AL33_Esslinger.jpg

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country
Re: Question : Caliber AL33 - securing crown/stem

This thread has already been posted once with the original post posted twice. If there is a moderator around I think this one might be a candidate for removal.

boblalux

Nov 13, 2013
Friesland, Germany
Country

Just to answer you karlmansson: the first time I posted this afternoon, I got an automated message stating that there was an error, I should try again later. This I did (the 2nd post), but somehow the first WAS then posted as well. So it was no error on my part. It probably would have been a little bit more polite of you if you had mentioned this to me, without 'threatening' !!!

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country

Threatening...? I really don't see how I did that. I spotted a duplicate thread, wrote a comment to notify the moderators. I know it was a duplicate because I spent some time answering your first thread.
Well I mentioned that it was a duplicate in the comments, what else do you need? Would you have preferred a PM? Come on man, I think you will find what I posted in your other thread polite enough for your needs. Have a look.

Best

/Karl

boblalux

Nov 13, 2013
Friesland, Germany
Country

Only now did I find your (quite polite) comment. Quite frankly I don't know what's going on. I remember that I tried 2-3 times today to start the thread, each time there was an error reply, and I should try later. This I did 2-3 times, then apparently all the 'error' attempts suddenly were EACH published. Only that way can I explain why there are now so many repeats.
Sorry about that. I will look for the hole.

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country

System glitch or something I'm sure.

No, in your case the "hole" seems to be directly on the setting lever and the lever appears to be partially exposed. By pushing down on that part of the lever, the other end lifts up and clears the groove on the stem.

If you want to seek further advice on this movement might I suggest that you continue in your other thread? This has potential to get very confusing...

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I combined these posts into a single thread.

We try to keep all the posts about a certain timepiece in a single thread.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndyF1
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent