• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Question about Hammond Bichronous clock movements

SamO66

NAWCC Member
Jun 8, 2013
Carmel, Me
Country
I have a bichronous clock in for repair and I've never seen one before, therefore I have not promised I will repair it. Having looked at the threads concerning this movement I get the feeling that it is just a sychronous movement with a mechanical spring to keep it working after power is lost. Is this idea correct? I haven't been able to find any literature on the bichronous movement but Amazon has a book about the synchronous movement. So if there is just that additional spring I'll invest some money and educate myself. Thanks Sam

ElectricTime

NAWCC Business
Sep 28, 2002
I have a bichronous clock in for repair and I've never seen one before, therefore I have not promised I will repair it. Having looked at the threads concerning this movement I get the feeling that it is just a sychronous movement with a mechanical spring to keep it working after power is lost. Is this idea correct? I haven't been able to find any literature on the bichronous movement but Amazon has a book about the synchronous movement. So if there is just that additional spring I'll invest some money and educate myself. Thanks Sam
I have a couple of very old telephone clocks that have a small pendulum that operates the clock during a power failure.

Jessk09

NAWCC Member
Feb 27, 2020
Country
I have a Hammond Synchronus, but i haven’t taken it apart because it doesn’t run and i don’t have a nuff time

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert Teichman
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.