Quartz clocks

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Boguslaw Kornafel, Feb 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Boguslaw Kornafel

Boguslaw Kornafel New Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I am sorry that I write on this forum but I can not find any information about quartz clocks with a rotating pendulum. I am looking for parts for them.

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the message board! There is a section on the board that deals with electric horology, so maybe at some point, a moderator can move this to that section.

Can you post pictures of the clock you're working on? I have one clock with a rotating pendulum and have worked on several quartz clocks with moving pendulums. Seeing what you're having troubles with will help everyone.

Thanks...Kurt

3. bangster

bangster Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 1, 2005
    utah
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Are you talking about the ones that imitate 400-day clocks?

4. Boguslaw Kornafel

Feb 2, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I put a few photos of one of the clocks. I found on Ebay a new clock movement of the same producer but I still do not understand why this clock works slower. Within 40 minutes it is delayed by 7 minutes. For now, I do not understand what is causing this. That's why I'm looking for people who know such clocks better than me. I have several such clocks, a few of them work properly and I need different parts for the others. Different because the construction of suspension spring drive is very different.

Bo

20190204_160553.jpg 20190204_160637.jpg 20190204_160717.jpg

5. Boguslaw Kornafel

Feb 2, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Yes, this is imitation of 400-day clocks but still very beautiful :)

Bo