Purchasing Striking Levers

Discussion in 'Just Practicing and Learning' started by Mike Glidewell, Mar 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike Glidewell

Mike Glidewell New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Country Flag:
    OK...I have no clue what I'm doing; but, I bought an old used EC Brewster clock mechanism.
    I disassembled it, cleaned it, put it back together, did it again - just practicing.
    I may now try to actually get it working. I need to buy some parts. Most of them I can find.
    BUT
    The striking levers have been worked on before.In fact they look like something Dr. Frankenstein cobbled together. The question is, "Can I buy these levers already assembled, do I have to make them myself, where would I buy components?" Any help would be appreciated.

PS Where should I post this type of request?

Thank you

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    There are a couple of places. One is in the Clock Parts Wanted thread: Clock Parts Wanted

The other is in the Want to Buy forum: Want to Buy. Be sure to read the forum header carefully to learn how it operates.

If you want general help in repairing what you have, you might want to start a thread in the Clock Repair forum: Clock Repair

Be sure to include pictures of what you have currently as a guide. As I remember, Brewster strike levers are peculiar beasties.