• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Proval of Purpose and 2 copyright articles

Fortunat Mueller-Maerki

National Library Chair
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Sussex New Jersey USA
www.hsn161.com
Country
Region
Nearly a week ago Richard emailed the committee and urged speedy approval of these three fundamental procedural articles.

I myself have been delinquent in following up, but have now done so. I am have added my comments to the articles. I see these as suggestions and I am funamentally OK with the articles and will be fine with whatever final version Richard chooses to go with. I suggest that he cleans them up, locks them for edoiting by regular users (but allows foor discussions in the respective tab), and then moves them from the development space to the to be created procedural area of the live encyclopedia

Fortunat

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I agree we need to get on with this. I have taken the liberty of sticking the 3 articles so they will remain at the top until acted upon.

Doing business on the Internet exacerbates the tendency to let things lie quietly instead of pushing for a conclusion.

My preference would be for all the people who have been invited to participate to actually express themselves on these 3 articles.

I can turn on email support for this forum if we feel it is necessary to ensure participation.

Richard Watkins

NAWCC Fellow
May 2, 2004
Tasmania
www.watkinsr.id.au
I myself have been delinquent in following up, ...
I don't know what work loads others have (I am retired and have none other than personal projects which are taking a back seat). And I don't know if there is a seasonal effect (is it holiday season where you are?). So I hesitate to be too pushy.

Richard Watkins

NAWCC Fellow
May 2, 2004
Tasmania
www.watkinsr.id.au
I can turn on email support for this forum if we feel it is necessary to ensure participation.
I am getting used to checking forums, slowly. But I would like to see automatic email notification for all threads and articles in our forums, if it is possible. We don't generate many posts and doing this will not burden inboxes too much.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I will see about turning it on tomorrow.

Just to be clear, notification is available now. You can subscribe to the forum for instant notification of new threads and you can then turn on instant notification for each of those threads as you view them.

Email Integration actually sends each new post to your email inbox and you can reply to the email to generate a response here.

You can also create a new thread by sending an email to this forum when that feature is enabled. We have been enabling it for committees on request.

The new portal system has the same behavior, but is a bit smoother and the expectation is that most committees will be using it.

Kent

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Silver Member
Aug 26, 2000
Country
Please leave me off of the email notification. I only get to my mailbox for an hour or two each day. The email notification will probably just clog my inbox with a bunch of notices that will supersede each other.

If I can get to a topic to comment on it, I will. Otherwise, things will have to happen without me.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa webb
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit