• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Profile & 4sale$

Barb B

NAWCC Member
Dec 27, 2007
Country
Region
There is no 'my posts' section in the user profile and there is nothing for finding 'my posts' in the FAQ's or Help sections. Am I looking in the wrong places?

The 4Sale$ link used to be located on the old MB - will it be added here for easy access?

Thanks in advance. :)

Ray Fanchamps

Deceased
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
LLareggub
Country
Region
Barb, If I understand correctly the "Search for my Post" is an add-on. I will check into installing it.

We will look for a place to put the "4sale" link.

Barb B

NAWCC Member
Dec 27, 2007
Country
Region
Thanks Ray

Thank you to all the volunteers who work on this message board!

:thumb:

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I think the 4$sale link belongs in the NAWCC drop down with the other NAWCC external links from the Message Board. I will put it there.

There is a mod that shows a list of My Posts within a thread. There is a button in the Profile that shows "My Latest Posts" and cuts off at 500 and there is another that lists threads instead of posts.

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
I think the 4$sale link belongs in the NAWCC drop down with the other NAWCC external links from the Message Board. I will put it there.
Tom, the previous MB had the 4Sale$NAWCC link right in the main menu bar. Although it likely "should" be included in the dropdown menu it needs to keep its place in the main menu bar as well. This facility has enough problems with lack of use already, putting it only in the NAWCC dropdown menu is a sure-fire way for it to "disappear forever" to MB users.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The problem is that the navigation bar is full. People with small screens are already getting wrap around that scrambles the text. Maybe the 4$sale site should "buy" an ad on the Message Board? Our Director of Marketing also manages the 4$sale site and has full control of our ad content.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I clicked on the NAWCC and the drop down menu opened, i clicked on the 4 sale forum and get a error message, this happened twice, cant get it to open.

Ray Fanchamps

Deceased
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
LLareggub
Country
Region
Fixed to open on the site to view item for sale.

Ouch what a waste and I am a supporter of a buy sell venue.:bang::bang:

Barb B

NAWCC Member
Dec 27, 2007
Country
Region
Thanks for adding the 4sale$ section in the drop down menu.

As for 'my posts' . . . I only checked settings when I started this topic.

Problems have been resolved. Thanks for your help!

Happy New Year Everyone!

;)

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
The problem is that the navigation bar is full. People with small screens are already getting wrap around that scrambles the text. Maybe the 4$sale site should "buy" an ad on the Message Board? Our Director of Marketing also manages the 4$sale site and has full control of our ad content.
An "ad" would work but the header already is maxed out with three ads, putting in a 4Sale$ ad permanently would reduce ad revenue by 1/3. However, that might generate enough interest so that the fees from the sale site would more than offset the loss of direct ad revenue. Is it possible to rotate ads or have them scroll across like a banner? That would enable more ads from normal sources as well as to set it up so the 4Sale$ ad would be frequently visible.

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
This might be a dumb suggestion, but I'm wondering if the 4sale site could be set up as a dummy forum, where opening the forum just takes you to the 4sale site, or to a link to the 4sale site.

Ray Fanchamps

Deceased
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
LLareggub
Country
Region
This might be a dumb suggestion, but I'm wondering if the 4sale site could be set up as a dummy forum, where opening the forum just takes you to the 4sale site, or to a link to the 4sale site.
Now that's thinking outside the box...........:thumb:

But................

Even though I like the way of thinking about how to do this I think there is a bigger picture of unintended consequences.
Definitely a practical solution that should be kept on the "back boiler".
I made a suggestion on the back channels that I think will work without opening up a potential "can o' worms" related to a "Commercial forum" on an Educational resource.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I suppose everyone knows that their public profile is displayed when they click on their username in the block at the upper right corner. You can also get there by clicking on your name (or anyone's name) and selecting the user profile from the drop down.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Speaking of "My Posts" there is a cute green arrow on the title of each thread you have posted to in the forum display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chiuzo
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent