Problem Help Problem uploading video

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by rgmt79, Nov 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rgmt79

rgmt79 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Male
    Brno, Czech Republic. London, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm having problems uploading a video to an album I have created in Media. I select the album and select Upload Video and it shows the file being uploaded to 100% and then I get an error message saying "Security or file size error occurred....try again" I have tried several times and same thing happens. the file size is 85MB, well within the size limit. What does it mean by "Security error"? Can anyone help please?

Richard

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We have not installed the transcoding software that allows various video formats to be saved. I should probably remove the ability to upload until we get all the pieces in place.

I have been using the Vimeo video server with a free account, which saves us a bit of storage space and bandwidth. When we upgrade to the next version of our software sometime in the coming year, we will install full video support.

You can embed video from any of these services.

• Dailymotion (dailymotion)
    • Facebook (facebook)
    • Liveleak (liveleak)
    • Metacafe (metacafe)
    • pbs (pbs)
    • vimeo (vimeo)
    • YouTube (youtube)

[MEDIA=vimeo]282424131[/MEDIA]
    https://vimeo.com/282424131

Th button n the editor toolbar that looks like a couple of frames of film opens a popup to paste in the video URL. You may also just insert the video using the MEDIA bbCode, but it is easier to use the tool. I have inserted one of my videos to demonstrate.

The same service is available in Media but you need to use embed rather than upload. Here is the same video in the Media Gallery.
    Wyler Incaflex slow motion on Vimeo <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://f.vimeocdn.com/styles/css_opt/global/icon | NAWCC Message Board

3. rgmt79

rgmt79 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Male
    Brno, Czech Republic. London, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for your help Tom. Yes, I think you should disable the upload function until you are ready to offer that...to avoid any confusion/frustration. I managed to post my video via YouTube as one of the methods you suggested.

Richard

4. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I like Vimeo because it is essentially ad free. We may get a corporate account for Vimeo since they offer better performance than we would be able provide.

5. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I think I disabled the video upload option in the Media Gallery.. Please check it out.