Pre-WW2 (I think...) Glashutte

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Roy Horrorlogic, Jan 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Roy Horrorlogic

Roy Horrorlogic Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    #1 Roy Horrorlogic, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    I've had this watch for more than 20 years and love it; of course at 32 x 23 mm it's probably regarded as ""too small". The mainspring has just failed so I need to pull it apart for the first time. Not long after I first acquired it I did a bit of research and if I recall correctly saw an identical movement in a watch listed as being from 1938. Dr. Ranfft's site doesn't have anything similar so I'm wondering if any Glashutte enthusiasts out there recognise it? A spec for the main-spring would be useful if not essential.
    Postscript
    OK. After removing the dial I find that it's an UROFA 58 and indeed is listed in Ranfft as 1934-38. Which makes it all the more remarkable that it's in such wonderful condition.

My-Glashutte-1290579.JPG My-Glashutte-1290580.JPG My-Glashutte-1290581.JPG My-Glashutte-1290582.JPG

viclip likes this.
  2. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Moderator
    Sponsor Gold Business Member

Sep 3, 2000
    Male
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    interesting. the mark seems to be that of Kollmar & Jourdan. however, they are always listed as being 'Pfortzeim. Watches marked uhrenfabrik AG are typically made in Glashutte.

I will making my 6th trip to the Glashutte watch Museum on business in about 10 days and can check with someone there if I get the time.

Jeff

Roy Horrorlogic likes this.
  3. Roy Horrorlogic

Roy Horrorlogic Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Jeff. Anything you can find out will be gratefully received. As Ranfft indicates, the design of this movement is pretty strange. I was surprised to discover that Cousins UK actually have a correctly sized main spring (albeit 10mm shorter).
    Roy