• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Postala pocket watch

ScottJ

New User
Mar 28, 2013
Colorado, USA
I have a Postala pocket watch and I believe it goes back to the turn of the century or no later than the 10's or 20's.

There are no markings on the face and the only markings in side on the movement are Postala Watch Co, I think it also said 18 jewells.

On the inside of the cover it has some symbol of a Crown? with a Arrow? going through it. It also states like 14K.

4 pictures attached

Any help will be greatly appericated.

Thanks

Scott

Attachments

Squite

Jun 26, 2012
Seattle, WA, USA
Country
Region
You should add a photo or two of the inside cover markings.

The Postala name has been registered a few different times, all by different Swiss makers in Tramelan-Dessus, between 1893 and 1933. I would agree this is probably from the 1910-1935 period.

MartyR

Dec 16, 2008
UK
Country
Also a photo of the movement please.

Darnok

Feb 9, 2011
Munich
Country
Region
As to your description I would suggest the crown being an apple.
Apple, pierced by an arrow was the trademark of FHF (Fabrique d`Horlogerie Fontainemelon), probably in remembrance of Wilhelm Tell.

Thomas

ScottJ

New User
Mar 28, 2013
Colorado, USA
As to your description I would suggest the crown being an apple.
Apple, pierced by an arrow was the trademark of FHF (Fabrique d`Horlogerie Fontainemelon), probably in remembrance of Wilhelm Tell.

Thomas
I will try to get some new pictures up by Friday Afternoon.

Thanks for the help so far :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helplessfanatic12
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-