Post your McClintock bank clocks, here's mine

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS, Aug 11, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here's a few photo's of a couple of O.B.McClintock outside clocks I'm in the process of restoring. Just built a new frame using the old rusted out frame as a guide. Chimes and slave movements are fitted up along with hands and doors. A bit more work to do before fabricating the copper top, bottom and sides. Hope to start in on the copper in a couple of weeks as time allows. I made new hands as I only had one set and they were only good as patterns.
    With the stained glass dials one is original and the other I made, can you tell which one? As you can see the cases are different sizes, the one I'm currently working on is the smaller one with 24" dials the other has 30" dials the smaller case is around 7 feet and the larger case is around 9 feet when fully assembled. I'm also in need of a pair of iron mounting brackets if anybody knows of any.
    Hoping there are others that have McClintock bank clocks to share their stories & photo's.
    George

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      File size:
      68.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      File size:
      88.8 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      File size:
      78.3 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      File size:
      75.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      File size:
      87.4 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      File size:
      86.3 KB
      Views:
  2. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello, Just finished folding all of the copper and thought I would toss in a few photo's if anyone would care to see. Many more projects yet to do including coming up with a design for the leaded glass upper panels, would like to use a period arts n crafts design. hoping to get this case mounted by Christmas,we'll see.

Attached Files:

3. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here is updated photo's of the Mcclintock clock project. it's mounted and up and running. upper leaded glass panels will come later.I think my chiropractor will love this clock :confused:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci8egXHoJ6s"]1918 O B McClintock bank clock - YouTube[/ame]

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      File size:
      88.2 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      File size:
      82.4 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      File size:
      106.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      File size:
      97.6 KB
      Views:
  4. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello,adding a few photo's of the clock now that it's complete. I made the upper advertizing glass panel as art piece true to the period and design of the case. It's a rendition of a Frank Loyd Wright design from 1914. I was hoping to see other McClintock bank clocks restored or not, even in pieces on the floor! on this thread. Hopefully there are others that would like to add?
    regards
    George

Attached Files:

5. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    photo after dark

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
  6. KenE

KenE Registered User

Aug 12, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So very lovely. distinctive and cool! And I just love that stained glass. (Would I be correct in assuming that it's the only one on the block?)

Kenneth

7. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks,other than the second one in the shop it's the only one in the neighborhood. Fortunately all our neighbors enjoy the chimes, so long as they are on time. I run the chimes between 10:00am and 7:00pm.
    George

8. Robert Ling

Robert Ling Registered User
    Donor

Apr 17, 2002
    Self employed..contractor.
    SoCal.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Wow! that's a beauty. If I was your neighbor you could let it chime 24 7 :D

9. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Just finished the second upper stained glass panel and installed today,then 1/2 hour later the clock got it's first snow. Sounds like more snow to come.

Attached Files:

10. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I posted some pictures of repair of the master clock's upper movement in the" clock repair" forum if interested.
    regards
    George

11. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well it's been a year since I last posted on this thread,Thought I would check in. Still hoping for others to chime in so to speak regarding McClintock bank clocks. I have the new copper completed for the larger case but I'm still looking for the cast iron mounting brackets to proceed if anybody knows of any? attached is an updated video of the one mounted on our house.
    thanks
    George
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3BsmhOZoUo

12. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jack, here are a few pictures of he insides. If you would like I can post them here or send through email but I will need your email address.
    regards
    George

Attached Files:

13. Donald E. Clark

Donald E. Clark Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Retired
    Bentonville, VA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Got my McClintock mounted on a post, copper restored, now mounting polished doors. Still have to do stained glass and dial. It was taken off the bank with a backhoe. Clock is McClintock-Loomis. Pictures when I get more done. Donald E. Clark

14. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Donald, I look forward to seeing your pictures. Nice to know there are others interested in these clocks!
    regards
    George

15. Uncle Lem

Uncle Lem Registered User

Jul 26, 2013
    I know this is quite an old post, but I wanted to compliment the job you did. Magnificent restoration on a very elegant clock. Wish institutions and public buildings were still being built with this kind of class attached.

16. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for your kind words. It was a fun project and we enjoy the clock daily. I wish more of these clocks had been saved but apparently there remains little interest in old bank clocks.
    regards
    George

17. cessna122@yahoo.com

cessna122@yahoo.com New Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Country Flag:
    11951367_10207790910876957_3500832188814980096_n.jpg Our City is currently restoring this not so old 1950's Clock. It was originally bought and installed by the Cuba City State Bank. When the bank was bought out it was stuck in storage and a modern sign put up.

McClintock bank clock

Attached Files:

18. Keith Doster

Keith Doster Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Minister
    Huntingdon, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    "I know this is quite an old post, but I wanted to compliment the job you did. Magnificent restoration on a very elegant clock. Wish institutions and public buildings were still being built with this kind of class attached."

Well, now this post is older still, but I wanted to say exactly what Uncle Lem said. I
    received a call today from a customer who has a McClintock slave clock which needs some work. Until today, I had never heard of these clocks, thus my stumbling onto this thread. These clocks are wonderful! They are public works of art! I'm looking forward to learning more about them.

19. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Kieth, If I can be of any help just let me know.
    Happy New Year!
    George

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Mechanical Engineer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Reviving this thread.

Does anyone know what model this McClintock would have been? (click on picture to enlarge) Can anyone tell me more about what features would have been typical for this model? This picture is in Concord, NC and probably long gone and destroyed by the company that installed the "digital" type sign and clock that replaced it in the late 50's or early 60's. We may actually look for a replacement to restore and install. I'm guessing they are pretty hard to come by, at this point.

Thanks for any help!
    Scott

Square 1930s.jpg

21. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Scott,

I found this clock in Granger TX three or four years ago. I don't know the model, but it looks very similar to the one in your image. Perhaps the pictures will help identify your clock.

There are also a couple of pictures in past issues of the Bulletin, including one in the April 1994 issue that might be helpful.

Pat

DSC02042.JPG DSC02037.JPG DSC02033.JPG

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Mechanical Engineer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Pat! Indeed looks to be the same model.