Robert Gary

Member, NAWCC Board of Directors
NAWCC Member
Feb 26, 2003
Southern California
Country
Region
Janni:

Very nice. That is the AMOUR, No.916 with Swing Pendulum No. 3, which is less common than the No. 1 style and is the style pendulum shown with this statue in the 1910 Junghans catalog.

Janni

May 24, 2021
Country
Hello Robert, I'm showing Cupid because this figure is very rare. I am curious if anyone else owns this watch.

Robert Gary

NAWCC Member
Feb 26, 2003
Southern California
Country
Region
I know that I do not own this style.

fodell

May 31, 2021
Country
I'm not versed with clocks at all but these time pieces are very nice. I like the elephant ones very much!

Janni

May 24, 2021
Country
Hello Fodel, the elephant is very beautiful, but also not as rare as the other Junghans figures. Please will you show us your elephant

Janni

May 24, 2021
Country
Hello, this is my Proteo swing pendulum clock. This is from 1913, unfortunately it doesn't have a catalog photo. I have already received several offers to buy this figure ...

20210513_115420.jpg

penelop54

Jun 7, 2021
Country
As many of you know, I am researching the Junghans swinger clocks. You can find my original posting here: https://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?t=59576&highlight=Send+Junghans+swinger

I have now photographed five absolutely amazing Junghans swinger collections. Here are just two of the many fabulous clocks I have been privileged to be allowed to photograph.

The "Swiss Guard" is from the collection of Robert Selene, and the beautifully ornate "Dolphin" is from the collection of Ernie Lopez. I have not found either of these exact versions in any Junghans catalog as yet, but my research is just beginning. The clock on "Dolphin" is indeed a Junghans; style #4 of five shown in the compilation of Junghans swingers by Victor Tang, any400day.com. The clock on "Swiss Guard" is style #3, also from Victor's compilation CD.

My sincere thanks to all that have allowed me to photograph their clocks, and to Victor for sending me the compilation of Junghans swingers CD.

Please contact me if you own any Junghans swinger, or Junghans swinger knock offs. I would love to include them in my research.

RobertG

View attachment 62921 View attachment 62925 View attachment 62927
Here is my latest clock not sure if it's real but I love it. Would love to know more about her.
20210607_171228.jpg

Janni

May 24, 2021
Country
Hello Penelop 54, I recently saw a similar watch with a Hermes at an auction ... see picture. But never in a Junghans catalog. Greetings Janni

104112615_1_x.jpg

Tempore747

May 7, 2017
Country
Here is my latest clock not sure if it's real but I love it. Would love to know more about her.
View attachment 658044
Hi Penelop54, nice style; clock case and dial seems to be Junghans genuine, except for the minutes arrow that seems to be replaced. As regards the inside movement you should post a picture of the background, removing the back cover in order to better confirm, but i think it is 100% genuine. Cannot confirm the same for the statue, as already reported by Janni, i've never seen it on any Junghans catalogue or official release style sheet. Please try to post a picture of the hand that holdes the clock (area of the hand from the raised arm) in order to better understand if its genuine, but it could be not 100% a reliable opinion because in the past more than one marriage has been realized by the using of an original Junghans clock on a "not in catalogue" style. So if you like to share i will be happy to try answering on it giving my opinion.

Robert Gary

NAWCC Member
Feb 26, 2003
Southern California
Country
Region
Janni posted: "
I recently saw a similar watch with a Hermes at an auction ... see picture. But never in a Junghans catalog. Greetings Janni."

It is my opinion, but I have not been able to document it as fact, that Junghans did not actually cast the statues themselves, but they purchased the statues from outside foundries. Many of the statues shown in the Junghans catalogs are also shown in other foundry catalogs of the day but without the clock attachment (jewel bar), and you can find many statues from other sources that hold a Junghans swinger that never appeared in a Junghans catalog.

Reactions: Tempore747

Robert Gary

NAWCC Member
Feb 26, 2003
Southern California
Country
Region
Janni:

It does not appear in any Junghans catalog I have seen. It looks like the statue may be from an outside foundry that sold it with a Junghans movement on it. I have seen many such statues that have Junghans as well as other manufactures' clocks swinging on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clockman1965
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller