Post your JUNGHANS clocks here

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by any400day, Dec 2, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. V_t

V_t Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    Sorry, i'm newbie. How can i buy those catalogues. Tks

2. V_t

V_t Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    here are some photos of my Junghans clock.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

3. Walesey

Walesey Registered User

May 24, 2012
    Hi V_t,
    out of interest, what makes you conclude that your clock is a Junghans clock? The "Crossed Arrows" trade mark would indicate that your clock was made by HAC (the Hamburg American Clock Company, of Wurttemburg, Germany.

To answer your question in your second last post, about clock catalogues, look for the author Tran Duy Ly, and Arlington Books. This link might help.

Cheers
    Walesey

4. UMRBlast

UMRBlast New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Hi Everyone. I am newly registered to this website but I have been reading the posts on this forum over the last couple of weeks with keen interest. I am posting my grandfather's dismembered Junghans mantle clock. Unfortunately as you can see in the photos, the clock is in need of significant repairs/restoration. I have no idea how old the clock is but I do know that it is from Turkey (where my family is from) and based on some research, I understand that the markings on the dial are from Ottoman clocks. This clock has significant sentimental value for me and as such I would like to repair it. Could anyone give me some sense for the age of the clock. Also, could anyone recommend somewhere where I could repair it within 100 km of Toronto? I would really appreciate any insight anyone has. Thanks.
    IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0905.JPG IMG_0903.JPG IMG_0902.JPG IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0898.JPG IMG_0896.JPG

5. daw2401

daw2401 New Member

May 22, 2017
    Hi All,

If anyone could give me any info on this clock, ie, model no, what chimes it plays, number manafactured etc, and any other info that people may have, as it was my parents who are no longer with us.

So far I have ascertained that it was made last half 1924, that is all. I intend on getting it restored as a memory to my parents. I am in Melbourne Australia. If there is any local restores also, please leave your contact details so I can call you re an quote for repair.

I do have a few other pics if required, however the ones attached should suffice....

I may be pushing it here, but does anyone know where I can download the black & white pictures/catalogues used by other members for research on my type & model as i wish to pass these onto the repairer to assist them....

Like always, thank you in advance! I love this site. Your assistance to people like me is in-valuable!

6. zyx123

zyx123 Registered User

Jun 18, 2011
    Hi Daw2401,

Your clock it called Kenilworth, 14 days time and strike.
    Here's a picture from a 1923 catalog.

Sharon

[​IMG]

7. daw2401

daw2401 New Member

May 22, 2017
    Thanks heaps xyz123 (sharon). Greatly appricated!

8. dadorfman

dadorfman Registered User

May 7, 2017
    Hello from Richmond, Virginia. I bought this gem from my local clock repair maven. Bell strike on hour and half-hour.

David

View attachment 345240

9. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator

Jan 15, 2004
    A small contribution to the Junghans thread. A 12" high cottage clock with ebony finish and a simple one-day movement.

View attachment 346733 View attachment 346734 View attachment 346735

The 8-pointed star on the movement and the label indicates that it was made 1890 or later.

View attachment 346736

I was mostly attracted by the tablet.

View attachment 346737

And, no, I don't know who the young lady was, but perhaps it's Gertrud Junghans, daughter of Arthur Junghans (or was it Erhard?), whose marriage to Ernst Kielmeyer occurred on the same day (April 27, 1901) the preliminary negotiations were completed for Junghans' purchase of the Gebrüder Resch factory in Ebensee. And thereby hangs a tale, which I'm sure you will all -er- "Remember." :chuckling:

10. Eurofighter

Eurofighter New Member

Jun 18, 2017
  11. macaw

macaw Registered User

Jul 23, 2014
    I don't know if there is a model name for it, but it's a very nice pre-war tall case clock.

12. V_t

V_t Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
  13. V_t

V_t Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    anybody help?

14. Walt Wallgren

Walt Wallgren Registered User

Aug 16, 2012
    Not much help here. Junghans, as a company, is still around. In their newest catalogue I saw maybe 2 or 4 clocks the rest was totally watches.

That looks to be a later production. My guess would be after WWII. This is only a guess but I would say no earlier than the mid 30's. It is really hard to tell without being there. It just doesn't look that old.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Walt

15. V_t

V_t Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    Thanks Walt :)

16. tarant

tarant Registered User

Jul 6, 2008
    This style, called "second baroque" or Louis XV was popular between 1895 - 1915. Similar cases from Junghans 1910 catalog for French market. Your case, dial and hands (especially hands) could be made by local French maker, too.
    View attachment 349290 View attachment 349291

17. chronologiker

chronologiker Registered User

Jun 28, 2017
    Please look at Junghans-logo at the the backside of the movement. Are there any numbers and the letter A or B? These numbers/letters will give you the year when this clock was made.

But I agree with Tarant: Most likely about 1900. And this is a high-quality Junghans!

Chronologiker

18. V_t

V_t Registered User

Mar 19, 2017
    Thanks for your response. Its price is around $1300 and I will buy it :)

19. chronologiker

chronologiker Registered User

Jun 28, 2017
    We are not allowed to discuss values here, but I think the price is extremly high!

Chronologiker

20. Paul John Purnell

Paul John Purnell New Member

Jul 23, 2017
    #1120 Paul John Purnell, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Here's mine .....

View attachment 351042

Please look me up on YouTube ... To see my first-ever Uploads .....
    Junghans Mantel Clock - Gong Rod Replacement and Tuning

I explain the reasons why I had to make this repair ... And, I hope that someone might find some information of use to them on there ......

Paul.