Post your JUNGHANS clocks here

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Luca, thank you for sharing the catalogs and Happy New Year to you!

I decided to add some info to my post, because today I found the model of this clock, on a 1932's catalogue.
the name of the model is Milano.
I discovered that, unfortunately, the dial of my clock is not the original one.
It is possible that the 1929 version of your clock (we are assuming your clock was made in 1929, based on the date code) was different than the 1932 version. :)

Nevertheless, your box clock has a very attractive door. Most box clocks are much more plain than your clock.

Regards.

joke888

Oct 21, 2020
Country
Hello all. I recently received a Junghans clock as a gift, and I was curious about the age of the clock. From previous posts, I have learned that the logo on the movement was used from 1890 to 1900. There is no date code in the format A 02 for example, but there are other inscriptions on the movement.

logo.jpg inscription.jpg inside door.jpg bottom.jpg

The case is the same as Moe Schmidt's (post #237) which was identified by any400day as "Klein Turka" Model No. 2864, and he included the 1894 Junghans catalog page (post #240). This satisfied my curiosity about age.

clock.jpg 1894JHPg127KleinTurka2864.jpg

I noticed that the dial and hands of my clock are different than Moe's & Junghans catalog. Also the movement is different.

movement.jpg close-up.jpg

Can anyone tell me who this is please?

face.jpg

I would love to know your thoughts about this clock. Thank you, Joe

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Welcome to the forum.

I have learned that the logo on the movement was used from 1890 to 1900.
To be more precise, that trademark was registered in 1890 (or 1891 - I am not sure without researching). Junghans commenced date coding their clocks in 1901 until the 1950s or so.

Therefore, a movement with that trademark (the "Unghans over a J within a star") and no date code was most likely manufactured between 1890 (or 1891) and 1900.

there are other inscriptions on the movement.
Hand written inscriptions are known only to those who inscribed them. :)

the 1894 Junghans catalog page
A catalog from 1894 proves that the clock model was offered in 1894. Most likely, it was offered in xxx many years before and after the catalog date. With respect to your clock, it was most likely made between 1891 and 1900, but with catalog proof, it is quite reasonable to state your clock was made in 1894. This range of years could be the reason that:
movement is different.
Regards.

Ozeki

Jan 30, 2021
Country
Picked this up at the local flee market, I guess it dates back to 1939 according to the marking inside the box.
I restored the box, fixed a broken spring in the clockwork. It keeps correct time and has a wonderful chime.

20210123_160347.jpg 20210123_211131.jpg 20210123_161012.jpg 20210123_160943.jpg 20210123_160438.jpg 20210123_160427.jpg

LDL11

Jan 31, 2021
Country
Hi everyone,
I've found this movement that's marked B33 V , it uses the round wire levers like the older models I think but I cant find any model with the 33 on the markinks.
Thanks in advice, I'd be very happy if some could help me in my research
Lorenzo
IMG_20210117_193754.jpg IMG_20210117_201156.jpg

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Hi everyone,
I've found this movement that's marked B33 V , it uses the round wire levers like the older models I think but I cant find any model with the 33 on the markinks.
Thanks in advice, I'd be very happy if some could help me in my research
Lorenzo
View attachment 635760 View attachment 635762
Lorenzo,

Welcome to the forum.

Your movement appears to be only the second Italian made, non-swinger Junghans movement that has appeared on these forums.

Like the other Italian made non-swinger, the date coding protocol appears different than the German made movements. For the production year 1933, the date coding protocol for German made movements was "two digit year [space] one or two digit month". Your movement shows a dating protocol of "B33", which implies that your movement was made in the second half of the year 1933. The other Italian made, non-swinger movement we have seen follows this same dating protocol.

The letter "V" also shows on the Italian movements and not the German movements.

Please show pictures of the complete clock.

Regards.

Reactions: LDL11

LDL11

Jan 31, 2021
Country
Thank you for the super fast reply.
The italian origin of the movement makes sense because I'm from Italy and the clock was owned previusly by my grandfather.
Now the movement is in pieces because I'm trying to restore a gear that is unfortunatly broken, but here some photos of the case and the clock face.
When the restoration is complete I'll post the result.
Thank you again,
Lorenzo
IMG_20210202_143441_cut.jpg IMG_20210202_143237_cut.jpg

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Thank you for the super fast reply.
The italian origin of the movement makes sense because I'm from Italy and the clock was owned previusly by my grandfather.
Now the movement is in pieces because I'm trying to restore a gear that is unfortunatly broken,
, but here some photos of the case and the clock face.
When the restoration is complete I'll post the result.
Thank you again,
Lorenzo
View attachment 635778 View attachment 635779
Lorenzo,

The style of your clock is known as a "box clock". The style of your clock and the dial fit quite well in the 1933 time frame.

Now the movement is in pieces because I'm trying to restore a gear that is unfortunatly broken
If you need any assistance in repairing your clock, we have many well qualified folks here who can help you and will be very happy to assist. Any clock repair / restoration questions should be posted to the "Clock Repair" forum.

Regards.

Reactions: LDL11

murphyfields

Jun 24, 2020
Westminster, CO
Country
Region
I just picked this clock up. I was told it had not worked for years, possibly overwound. I set it up, wound it, put it roughly in beat and it has been ticking merrily along ever since. Only problem is that it recently struck 51 o'clock, so I may have some adjustments to do.

I think it appears to be from 1908. I know it need a good cleaning and going over, but I thought I would see what else I might be able to learn about it.

20210225_170934.jpg 20210225_171030.jpg 20210225_171048.jpg 20210225_171145.jpg 20210225_171817.jpg 20210225_171841.jpg

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
Hello
Hope this is in the, post your junghans clock here. If not please remove.
A very nice example of a quartz 1970s junghans quartz quattro phon, works perfect, clean as can be, it is said to be very rare, have not seen another.

20210324_105948.jpg 20210324_181956.jpg 20210324_230322.jpg 20210325_142926.jpg 20210325_192605.jpg 20210329_215015.jpg

Last edited:

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Hope this is in the, post your junghans clock here.
If you intended to post this thread in the 'Post Your Junghans Clocks' thread, you can have it moved by a moderator by clicking on the REPORT button and requesting a moderator to move it.

Please do NOT start another thread on the same subject - this causes confusion.

it is said to be very rare,
Whether it is rare or not I do not know, but quartz clocks unfortunately have very little demand.

Regards.

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
If you intended to post this thread in the 'Post Your Junghans Clocks' thread, you can have it moved by a moderator by clicking on the REPORT button and requesting a moderator to move it.

Whether it is rare or not I do not know, but quartz clocks unfortunately have very little demand.

Regards.
Thank you I appreciate it, I am still learning the navigation, I did request to have it moved,

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country

Regards.

Regards.
I do know quartz clocks are of low demand, what surprised me is the condition of the clock, for being 43yrs old,

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I do know quartz clocks are of low demand, what surprised me is the condition of the clock, for being 43yrs old,
Yes, it is in very fine condition and is a good looking clock.

Do the weights rise and descend?

I have never seen a Junghans branded quartz clock before.

Regards.

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
Yes, it is in very fine condition and is a good looking clock.

Do the weights rise and descend?

I have never seen a Junghans branded quartz clock before.

Regards.
No, unfortunately the weights are static, but the pendulum does swing when pushed with the hand, but as of yet I am not sure if it is supposed to swing mechanically by the movement, still trying to sort it out. I was looking for a accurate quartz clock and came across this one. I can not find a flaw on the clocks dial or case anywhere.

Last edited:

Salsagev

Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
The chimes should sound very nice, especially on the Quattro Phon (Which yours is). I say to keep the clock you have. They are quite uncommon around where I live, or in the US. These movements are superior anything that retails today anywhere. Take good care of it (They are quite unfixable if broken) and definitely enjoy it.

Reactions: baw0104

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
The chimes should sound very nice, especially on the Quattro Phon (Which yours is). I say to keep the clock you have. They are quite uncommon around where I live, or in the US. These movements are superior anything that retails today anywhere. Take good care of it (They are quite unfixable if broken) and definitely enjoy it.
The chimes do sound really good for a quartz, there is a manufacture stamp on the back with a production number of 390/4003, looks like only 4003 of this particular clock was manufactured, one of the selling points was the movement, I looked for sometime a moderen day quartz clock with a nice movement but nothing caught my attention, thank you for the heads up on the fix ability, this will stay in my collection.

Reactions: Salsagev

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
The chimes do sound really good for a quartz, there is a manufacture stamp on the back with a production number of 390/4003, looks like only 4003 of this particular clock was manufactured, one of the selling points was the movement, I looked for sometime a moderen day quartz clock with a nice movement but nothing caught my attention, thank you for the heads up on the fix ability, this will stay in my collection.
Updated
I came across this helpful information on what appears to be most of if not all Junghans quartz clocks, to correct my earlier statement on production number 390/4003 it seems to be a model number and not the number of this particular clock manufactured, here is the info to help anyone with a Junghans quartz.

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
Updated
I came across this helpful information on what appears to be most of if not all Junghans quartz clocks, to correct my earlier statement on production number 390/4003 it seems to be a model number and not the number of this particular clock manufactured, here is the info to help anyone with a Junghans quartz.

https://junghansarchiv.de/fileadmin/pdf/1981_08/1981_08_full.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-89,146

Mikey like

May 1, 2021
Country
Updated

httmy first post .Got this ps://junghansarchiv.de/fileadmin/pdf/1981_08/1981_08_full.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-89,146
Updated

https://junghansarchiv.de/fileadmin/pdf/1981_08/1981_08_full.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-89,146
Hi all my first post I have this shelf clock with the model A09. 20210501_175108.jpg 16199255063951782387252863516779.jpg

FiBates

Mar 22, 2021
Country
Hello! I have recently acquired a rather large Junghan mantel (?) clock and would love to know a little more about it please (being an antique clock novice!). I am assuming from other posts that it was made in the second half of 1905 as shows the B05 date stamp under the eight pointed star company logo.

It does wind and run although the hour hand is too loose and keeps slipping back towards 6. The second hand seems fine. Is there anything a novice such as myself can attempt in order to rectify this or should I take it to the clock man in town? It has a beautiful quarterly chime (Westminster) and then strikes on the hour.

The white parts on the clock face are marked with black streaks. Not sure what this is or how best to attempt to clean it? I did try a little warm water but this didn't work. Or best to leave alone? Thank you so much for any enlightenment! Fiona

tempImagehmkGGW.png tempImageZE3p13.png tempImageX9Gqbn.png tempImageg25zfJ.png

baw0104

Mar 8, 2021
Country
Hello! I have recently acquired a rather large Junghan mantel (?) clock and would love to know a little more about it please (being an antique clock novice!). I am assuming from other posts that it was made in the second half of 1905 as shows the B05 date stamp under the eight pointed star company logo.

It does wind and run although the hour hand is too loose and keeps slipping back towards 6. The second hand seems fine. Is there anything a novice such as myself can attempt in order to rectify this or should I take it to the clock man in town? It has a beautiful quarterly chime (Westminster) and then strikes on the hour.

The white parts on the clock face are marked with black streaks. Not sure what this is or how best to attempt to clean it? I did try a little warm water but this didn't work. Or best to leave alone? Thank you so much for any enlightenment! Fiona

View attachment 653594 View attachment 653595 View attachment 653596 View attachment 653597
Hello Fiona
The black streaks are finger nails that have slide along the dial When manually moving the hands thru the years,

Last edited:
Reactions: FiBates

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Hello Fiona,

The hour hand is just a friction fit. If it is slipping slightly try pressing it inwards on the hand shaft. If this doesn't work, you may have to remove the hand and adjust the tube.

You can't do anything to remove the streaks on the dial unless you re-silver the whole thing. But it looks fine to me, I have seen much, much worse! Just leave it as it is.

You are right about the date.

JTD

FiBates

Mar 22, 2021
Country
Dear JTD,

Thank you so much. This is greatly appreciated. I have tried pushing the hour hand back towards the clock but it seems to creep back and loosen again after an hour or so. If I remove the hand, what would you recommend I do to the tube? Thank you again.

Fiona

Hayson

Mar 2, 2008
Country
Region
I'm posting pictures of an unmarked movement I suspect to be a Junghans or possibly HAC in the hope someone can confirm its identity. I recognise the sickle shaped click springs, suspension and leader but the strike flirt and front mounted countwheel are variations I haven't come across before.

IMG_1770.JPG IMG_1773.JPG IMG_1763.JPG

Hayson

Mar 2, 2008
Country
Region
Here's another unidentified movement which my gut told me might belong to the Junghans family. Can anyone confirm?

Note to moderators: Sorry if I've put these in the wrong thread. Please feel free to move them if this is not the right place to ask the question.

IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1379.JPG

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I'm posting pictures of an unmarked movement I suspect to be a Junghans or possibly HAC in the hope someone can confirm its identity. I recognise the sickle shaped click springs, suspension and leader but the strike flirt and front mounted countwheel are variations I haven't come across before.

View attachment 661604 View attachment 661605 View attachment 661606
The countwheel on the front plate makes me guess an unmarked Kienzle movement.

A patent (D.R.P. 147023) for a striking movement with a countwheel etc. in front of the front plate was granted about October 1903 with protection effective from 5 Dec 1902 to Erhard Robert Schlenker, of Schwenningen.

Ironically, E.R. Schlenker was not the Schlenker of Schlenker & Kienzle. But, Kienzle used that technology quite a bit (on both marked and unmarked movements).

Regards.

Last edited:

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Here's another unidentified movement which my gut told me might belong to the Junghans family. Can anyone confirm?

Note to moderators: Sorry if I've put these in the wrong thread. Please feel free to move them if this is not the right place to ask the question.

View attachment 661607 View attachment 661608
I have seen that curvy, wavy design on the brass of the plates before.

I can not recall which maker used that design, but I do not believe it was Junghans (or HAC / HAU). But my memory could be off.

Regards.

Hayson

Mar 2, 2008
Country
Region
The countwheel on the front plate makes me guess an unmarked Kienzle movement.

A patent (D.R.P. 147023) for a striking movement with a countwheel etc. in front of the front plate was granted about October 1903 with protection effective from 5 Dec 1902 to Erhard Robert Schlenker, of Schwenningen.

Ironically, E.R. Schlenker was not the Schlenker of Schlenker & Kienzle. But, Kienzle used that technology quite a bit (on both marked and unmarked movements).

Regards.
Thanks N2C. I looked at the strike flirt and thought it reminded me of Kienzle somewhat, but I've only seen those sickle shaped click springs on Junghans clocks so didn't know what to think..

Hayson

Mar 2, 2008
Country
Region
I have seen that curvy, wavy design on the brass of the plates before.

I can not recall which maker used that design, but I do not believe it was Junghans (or HAC / HAU). But my memory could be off.

Regards.
Totally puzzled by this one. It has different features that remind me of different makers, but the double strike flirt thingy with the little spring between them reminded me of a several post war Junghans clocks I've seen with a similar set-up.

ManFromAbora

Oct 29, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
Country
Region
Thrift Store find in 2020 (Hospice thrift store, St Augustine Florida), still 'as-found'. Someone used thin wire instead of pins in a couple of areas. Movement marked B11. Does not run yet. (really need to prioritize my project list- Always buying clocks, but then not doing anything with them.) IMG_3022.JPG IMG_3023.JPG IMG_3026.JPG IMG_3025.JPG IMG_3024.JPG

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Thrift Store find in 2020 (Hospice thrift store, St Augustine Florida), still 'as-found'. Someone used thin wire instead of pins in a couple of areas. Movement marked B11. Does not run yet. (really need to prioritize my project list- Always buying clocks, but then not doing anything with them.) View attachment 662450 View attachment 662451 View attachment 662452 View attachment 662453 View attachment 662454
Your clock was made in the second half of the year 1911.

Regards.

ManFromAbora

Oct 29, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
Country
Region
And another. This time family heirloom from my Opa ‘s side of the family. Remember seeing this one running in his den when I was very young. I’ll have to locate the top as I set it aside for repair and forgot about it. Movement marked A11. Story is it survived a Missouri flood in 1993 that devastated my dads collection that I would later inherit. I still don’t trust myself to get it back into running shape.

CC03D3C9-D428-4B0B-AA97-EC748F49D6CD.jpeg 02D25766-7095-4CBA-84D8-52D2A1228EE7.jpeg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
And another. This time family heirloom from my Opa ‘s side of the family. Remember seeing this one running in his den when I was very young. I’ll have to locate the top as I set it aside for repair and forgot about it. Movement marked A11. Story is it survived a Missouri flood in 1993 that devastated my dads collection that I would later inherit. I still don’t trust myself to get it back into running shape.

That one's a Junghans, as I'm sure you know already, made in the first half of 1911. Junghans were not famous for cuckoo clocks, but they did make some - I have a table cuckoo from Junghans.

As a family heirloom it's priceless.

JTD

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I don't believe I ever saw a Junghans cuckoo prior to the cuckoo of Man from Abora.

JTD, when you get a chance, would you mind posting some pictures?

Thanks and regards.

Yes, gladly, but it may be a few weeks before I do as the clock is in pieces at the moment.

JTD

J Werner

Jul 15, 2021
Country
Hi could I ask for any information anyone can tell me on the Junghans clock I have. I have looked all over but not seen one that looks like this one. The movement marks are 52B and I think W278 is model number ? Thanks everyone

View attachment 473412 View attachment 473413 View attachment 473414 View attachment 473415 View attachment 473416 View attachment 473417
This looks similar to our clock which has the W278 stamped on the back (I have been told is the Movement number) and "36 1" which I was told is the date of manufacture. I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitrzac
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller