POST your Gebruder Resch "Remember" here.

Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Jan 12, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO.
Country
Region
Richard T. reminded me of a Vienna regulator that I have. I noticed we do not have a site to capture members clocks of this maker. SO, thanks to Richard T here goes. If Richard would be so kind I will let him post his photo of his clock rather than me transfer w/o his permission to do so. Mike

255.jpg

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Greetings All,

I actually have two Gebruder Resch 2 WT clocks.
They are both hanging in a hallway and the first was, by necessity, taken at an angle.

256.gif

The second (center):

7.gif

No. 2 dial:

8.gif

Regards,

Richard T.

popeye

May 8, 2005
Country
Nice clocks. Are the bob solid brass? Thanks.

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
The bob is usually solid brass (front) with a zinc (or some other metal) back, often black in color. My two are as described above.

Regards,

Richard T.

Scottie-TX

Deceased
Apr 6, 2004
Mesquite, TX
Country
Region
When you write, "solid brass", POP-I:
Not solid in the strictest sense. The bob is made of two pieces like a clamshell. The front piece IS brass. Not plated. Often "SOLID" if that's what you mean by solid ( not plated?) . Then the back half. Newest ones are soft, thin steel. Earlier ones were ZINC. EarlIEST ones also had a brass back!

popeye

May 8, 2005
Country
Posting pics of Bob and pendulum. Any way of telling if plated or solid? Hope these pics can tell if it is one like your clocks posted. Also have another thread on ID of clock. Thanks.

345.jpg 346.jpg 347.jpg

popeye

May 8, 2005
Country
I do not want to invest the hours. I can use Simichrome then? The bob is so light, weight wise and hate to take a chance with tht stuff if plated. Thanks for all your replies!

popeye

May 8, 2005
Country
n

BIG D

Mar 2, 2004
Memphis Area, TN, USA
Country
Region
Nice clock. VERY nice. I especially like the lacy hands. Just not big on clocks that make noise.

The Parvenu
Actually this one has a very soft noise to it. Many times I look and say.... "Did that one strike??" And I know Scottie, At 32" tall and a 7" dial its a bit too large for your taste also.

Thanks for the comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottie-TX

Deceased
Apr 6, 2004
Mesquite, TX
Country
Region
Re: POST your Gebruder Resch "Remember" here.

For all those, RESCH, I share with you for chronicle, enjoyment - whatever - a recent acquisition. This was in a PILE I recently acquired - I'll call, "the dirty dozen" - a dozen movements in various stages of disrepair. This one is numbered 32826, but haven't got at the front plate yet:

Attachments

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Re: POST your Gebruder Resch "Remember" here.

Greetings all,

I am reposting the pictures of the two Gbr. Resch that I had posted on the first page of this thread. (They aren't available in the original posting and others might want to see the pictures).

Best,

Richard T.

Attachments

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
standardtwin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool