Post Your Favorite Calendar Watches.

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
I don't currently wear a calendar watch, so I'm curious. Are these favorites because of the accuracy, reliability, available complications, aesthetics, comfort, other? Thanks for starting this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing other favorites.

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
I don't currently wear a calendar watch, so I'm curious. Are these favorites because of the accuracy, reliability, available complications, aesthetics, comfort, other? Thanks for starting this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing other favorites.
Interesting question Pat. In the wristwatch world today, the calendar/date function seems to be on the outs. It used to be, for instance, that nobody wanted a Rolex Submariner without a date and now the no-date references like the 5512 and 5513 which were hard to sell and easy to buy are just the opposite.

I am simply a fan of the date, and especially the triple date (day/date/month) function. I especially like this when combined with chronograph function. We all have different collecting interests.

Here are a couple more favorites. They are by the long gone company "Angelus" and are the model Chrono-Dato. One is 18k gold and one is stainless. I have been told that the dial on the 18k is refinished but I like it anyway. Angelus made their own movements instead of using a generic Swiss movement which is also something I like...except when I have to get them fixed.

Ang_CDLuxDial-Web.jpg

AngCD.jpg

Douglas Romero

NAWCC Member
Nov 3, 2001
New England
Country
Interesting question Pat. In the wristwatch world today, the calendar/date function seems to be on the outs. It used to be, for instance, that nobody wanted a Rolex Submariner without a date and now the no-date references like the 5512 and 5513 which were hard to sell and easy to buy are just the opposite.

I am simply a fan of the date, and especially the triple date (day/date/month) function. I especially like this when combined with chronograph function. We all have different collecting interests.

Here are a couple more favorites. They are by the long gone company "Angelus" and are the model Chrono-Dato. One is 18k gold and one is stainless. I have been told that the dial on the 18k is refinished but I like it anyway. Angelus made their own movements instead of using a generic Swiss movement which is also something I like...except when I have to get them fixed.

View attachment 727596

View attachment 727597
I had an Angelus many moons ago but looked nothing as nice as John’s.

Reactions: John Cote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlfuller
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Ptolemy's Course of the Planets displayed by CLockwork by Tom McIntyre