Post your Cuckoo clocks here.

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Mike306p/Ansoniaman, Aug 16, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. ClocksCollector

ClocksCollector Registered User

Aug 14, 2005
    Here are mine: Seth Thomas, Czech Republic cuckoo, quail, American Cuckoo Clock Co. Maspeth, New York (spring wound) and American Cuckoo Clock Co. Philidelphia, PA.

Attached Files:

2. swankyman

swankyman Registered User

Nov 5, 2006
    A, A
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    cool :cool: clocks, cuckoo are so mush fun!!

3. Billy

Billy Registered User

Dec 14, 2004
    Male
    Locomotive Inspector
    Western NY
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Heres a basket case GK (KUNER?) I picked up for $5 at a yard sale. It was missing lower left side carving, upper right side carving ,topper, hands, weights, and pendulum. I cut and re-carved the new pieces. Didn't turn out to bad.
    Billy
    Clock Pics 017 (Small).jpg

4. Chris Radano

Chris Radano Registered User

Feb 18, 2004
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good job Billy.

5. swankyman

swankyman Registered User

Nov 5, 2006
    A, A
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice Clock!!

6. The Treasured Clock

The Treasured Clock Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Franklin, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Made in Furtwangen,
    Nice cuckoo clocks that you have. I bet that one of them is the largest shelf cuckoo clock. They do have a handsome motifs. One question though, is this a cuckoo clock theme month? As I have posted before, I have been facsinated with since childhood. I guess this thread has answered that question.
    Jonathan Lee Jones

7. jeules0

jeules0 Registered User

May 26, 2009
    teacher
    Kent, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have posted both of these with detailed pics in Latest Acquisitions but here they are up and running. The springer is a double fusee with the BEHA impressed stamp to the top lintel of the wooden cage. Retailer is Camerer Cuss. Pediment is one I had, and I'm looking for a more appropriate one. Also, the minute hand needs a bone replacement.

The Gothic weight-driven one also has a wooden cage movement. Again, the minute hand is incorrect. Original 'dumpy' pine-cone weights. I believe this is also a BEHA.

Original bone numerals and hour hands on both clocks.

Bought at the same antiques market for £180 (fusee) and £140, from different sellers.

Attached Files:

8. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Registered User

Jun 19, 2006
    Male
    Semi-retired - with a degree in Creative Writing
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  9. jeules0

jeules0 Registered User

May 26, 2009
    teacher
    Kent, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Been a while since I posted anything, but just bought this twin fusee cuckoo clock here in the UK at an antiques market.

I believe it is a Beha no. 509 as the case matches exactly the one photographed in Ortenburger's 'Black Forest Clocks' book p117. Perhaps one of you BF experts can confirm this for me.

It was all complete but needed a few repairs to breaks in the shield and pediment.

It is working fine, but I'm sure that pendulum isn't right!!

Attached Files:

10. zepernick

zepernick Deceased

Aug 8, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jeules --

The 509 catalogue illustration shows, as one might expect, a slightly different case. I'll attach an illustration from the Schneider & Schneider article on Beha clocks at the 1876 (Philadelphia) and 1893 (Chicago) Exhibitions, from the April 1988 NAWCC Bulletin article. The somewhat smudged photo appears to show one like yours.

The same illustration, please note, appeared in an 1903 Beha catalogue. At that time 509 -- described as "Standgehäuse, klein Reblaub" -- came in a 50-hour ("50 Stund gehend") and an 8-day ("8 Tag gehend") version. A footnote noted :) that all of the 'koos with 8-day movements had fusees and gut. The "Consol" for 509 was extra.

While we're here, and indeed you there, will also attach a photo of the Camerer Kuss & Cie. London "storeroom" from about 1900. Where, that is, your Beha wallclock probably rested for a bit. The photo is from the 1994 exhibition catalogue, Kuckucksuhren von Joh. B. Beha & Söhne aus Eisenbach published by the Deutsches Uhrenmuseum, Furtwangen.

Regards
    Zepernick

Attached Files:

11. jeules0

jeules0 Registered User

May 26, 2009
    teacher
    Kent, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Zep, many thanks for taking the trouble to post this info-much appreciated.

Looking inside the case, I have noticed the number 165 which is not illustrated in the catalogue copy that I have.

Regards, Chris

12. ticktock19852004

ticktock19852004 Registered User

Apr 5, 2007
    #62 ticktock19852004, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    Hello!

I have 100+ cuckoo clocks. I'll post pictures of some of them. Enjoy!

1. Cuckoo quail clock, vintage cuckoo clock, T/S cuckoo style wood plate movement clock.
    2. Gothic cuckoo clock, railroad cuckoo clock, 2 horn trumpeter, large cuckoo quail clock.
    3. two shelf cuckoo clocks
    4. A few vintage cuckoo clocks.
    5. An 8 day cuckoo and a musical animated cuckoo clock.
    6. This is a corner of vintage and modern cuckoo clocks.
    7. This is a fantastic Beha musical cuckoo clock that I am repairing for a customer.
    8. Here is a mid-sized railroad cuckoo. I picked this one up for $25.00. I will be replacing missing carvings and overhauling the movement this summer.

Thanks!

Neal

Attached Files:

13. Richard T.

Richard T. Deceased
    Deceased

Apr 7, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A few more..........The 4th from the right, the top is being repaired. I "bumped" the cuckoo and loosened an old repair.

Best,

Richard T.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      File size:
      124.5 KB
      Views:
  14. The Treasured Clock

NAWCC Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Franklin, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Guys,
    Have you seen the December 2010 issue of the Watch and Clock bulletin? Well, I have written and submitted an article for "My First one" section. Along with that article is a picture of that cuckoo clock I have submitted with the article. Look at that picture and read the article and tell me what you think.
    Jonathan lee Jones

15. The Treasured Clock

NAWCC Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Franklin, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #65 The Treasured Clock, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Hi Guys,
    I have added another cuckoo clock clock to my collection. I do not know for sure if l managed upload both of these photos successfully, and if I did I hope you enjoy viewing them.
    Jonathan Lee Jones IMG_20161112_215231.jpg IMG_20161112_215014.jpg

16. timepast

timepast Registered User

Aug 3, 2006
    Awesome cuckoo quail !!