Post Your Clock Collection Here

Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Jan 12, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO.
Country
Region
Please post your website here so that all may view your clock collection.This is so that we can capture the clock collections at one location so that they are not scattered in several different areas and or topics. This will attempt to make viewing easier and locating a wider variety of clocks and what you like to collect. Please give a brief description of the types/names of makers of what will be viewed. Thanks Mike

Sooth

NAWCC Member
Feb 19, 2005
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
www.angelfire.com
Country
Region
Woohoo! Great idea.

Here is my clock collection website:
http://www.angelfire.com/me5/clockman/main.html

I collect mainy early american clocks. I preffer pre-1880 clocks, but will settle for anything decent that's within my budget (with certain exceptions).

The bulk of my collection is currently on the site, but there are a few (4-5) project clocks that arn't done yet. Some of which can be seen in progress here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v473/sooth15/

Enjoy. If anyone needs information on any of the clocks, don't be shy to ask me, I'd be more than happy to measure pendulum lengths, give measurments, or detailed photos if you need them.

Mike Kenley

Mar 4, 2002
Mike,

Is it possible for someone to post pictures if he does not have a website? I have a few I would like to post.

P

Peter

Good idea Mike

I love looking (drooling over) collections.

Below is mine - not complete but most of the clocks are there - all I need is the time to finish it :eek:

Viv Rose

Apr 19, 2005
Cape Town
Country
May I suggest that the link to your collections is incorporated into your signature as Peter and Bill have done.
If you Place the link in the body of your message it will become lost as new messages are posted in the forum.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Hmmmf. Made me jealous.
RJ

P

Peter

Hi Sooth

Using the options at the top of the board follow these steps:

Go;
My Space;
Profile:
Edit

Then include the URL of your pages in the signature block.

All the best

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
Originally posted by srwilson:
www.geocities.com/srwilson3s/clocks.html

Geocities suck they only give you one page so ive just crammed some of my favorites on but I still have a load more to add. But regardless though enjoy.

-Steve
They probably would not have the bandwidth for all your clocks, Steve! ;) Very nice!
Why not glue several clock graphics together?
BTW, you probably know this, but there are quite a few spelling errors on your page...

SrWilson

Feb 19, 2004
Visit site
Yeah I know I made a few mistakes spelling wise in there ages ago but, the stupid site won't let me back on at the moment so sort anything.
I was thinking same thing - just have the pictures then you click and get a big picture with a caption at side :).
Im sure most people don't bother reading anyway heh they probably feel the pictures speak a thousand words ;).

Steve

RickThomes

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2004
Marietta, Ga
Country
Region
My Collection of Early Amercian Electromechanicals. Below....

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
Hi Steve,

The slash at the end of your links prevent Netscape users from viewing your collection.

Thanks for sharing...

Ralph

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
My web site is mostly watches, but I do have a section on my clocks and marine chronometes. If you click on the link in my signature, you need to follow the link to collections to find the items.

bucky007

Apr 22, 2002
Here's a link to part of my collection. I am always looking for those fixer-uppers to work on. Have several in process I'm working on and hope to add more to the site when I get the time. Love looking at other collections. THANKS EVERYONE! Jeff

Jeff'c Clocks

Joe Hollen

NAWCC Member
Apr 26, 2005
Weare, NH
Country
Region
Hello Everyone... I am a new member of the NAWCC, so I'm just getting "my legs" in this message board... So, if I do something wrong, please forgive me ...

I've been making Patent Timepieces for a little over two years now. After acquiring Paul Foley's magnificent book "Willard's Patent Timepieces", I figured, "If I can't afford the real thing, I'll make them instead !" One way or the other, I was going to have a collection of these great timepieces !... So far, I've made ten clocks. I've sold four. One is in a shop waiting for a sale, and I have the other five...

One of the clocks that I've made is on the Horton's Brasses website. I will post more when I get a chance / if anyone is interested... :)

Thanks !!!

Banjo Clock

G

gmorglj

Just getting a start on my page. My favorite baby's went on first.

Gary

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
1885 Taladega (aka DRACULA!)
http://www.picpuppy.com/gothic.jpg

This clock so far is my favorite clock. It is dark and mysterious with an evil eery sounding chime. It whispers a dark past of whips, blood and chains. I plan to have it stand alone in a dark hutch with neon lights for creating mood. Even considering adding some spider webs. Above the clock will proudly display it's name DRACULA! Can't wait to show you.

1920's Gilbert Color era (aka Linda)
http://www.picpuppy.com/linda.jpg

This is Linda. She is a petite sweet ladie clock. She is from the Gilbert color erra. Currently she has a busted gear due to my stupidity. But she is sweet and forgiving and waits patiently knitting something useful. She has a pretty sounding chime and strikes the hour and the half. I plan to buff her dial up a bit and give her some glass. Hope she wont be embarassed when I put my hands up her skirt. (In a strictly professional manner of course eh hmm).

:???:? Gilbert humpback (aka Walley)
http://www.picpuppy.com/walley.jpg

This here is Walley. Walley is a bar clock. He's been hanging down at pub since time began. Seen alot of nasty sites and nasty fights. He's been slapped off the counter more than he can count. He aint got no chime cause you should see what happened to those guys. Just keep your nose down and sip your beer. That's his motto.

1929 "Hollywood" regulator (aka Angela)
http://www.picpuppy.com/angela.jpg

This is Angela. Angela is an angel. She sings on high from the heavens above. She is pure love. She use to live in a barber shop in Main. But she has always aspired to be in the operah or on Opra. Not sure. Now she hangs on my double wide mobil home wall. I blind folder and told her it was the Taj-mahal. But, she is a 10 in all aspects. She has normandy chimes and plays them on the hour and the half. It is soothing to hear her sing.

That's it...!
RJ

Time-Saver

Mar 19, 2002
mysite.verizon.net
We baby sit a very mixed bag of American Clocks & Timepieces in our home. Someday, I supose they will all grow up and strike out on their own (pun intended).

Not sure what happened to my fist link, but here is the correct one :)

Clocks Are Us

Jim & Karen

SrWilson

Feb 19, 2004
Visit site
Due to several requests ive had ive finally managed to record and post links to the sounds of my musical edward tomlin clock. I thought this would be the best thread to put it in rather than starting a whole thread off about it.

www.angelfire.com/super2/srwilsonsclocks/an_air_tune_1.WMA

www.angelfire.com/super2/srwilsonsclocks/pastoral_balled_tune_2.WMA

www.angelfire.com/super2/srwilsonsclocks/Miss_bakers_horn_pipe_tune_3.WMA

www.angelfire.com/super2/srwilsonsclocks/lassofpattyshill_tune_4.WMA

www.angelfire.com/super2/srwilsonsclocks/quarter_hour_chimes.WMA

hope they work

Steve

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
Steve,

It looks like Angelfire does not allow linking from other non-Angelfire sites.

Are you sure you are still the youngest member?

Cheers, Ralph

D

Don K.

Some of you may be tired of seeing this clock, but it's my collection for now! I'm really interested though, and looking to add more weight driven clocks.
Thanks for all of your input... I'm learning much from you all.
Pics of my long case clock, 1839

D

Don K.

Scottie,
Where in Tx are you? I grew up in Houston, went to school @ Texas A&M, then lived in Lubbock for 15 years. Been in Upstate NY for last 15 yrs.
Thanks for all of your posts!
Don

D

Don K.

Scottie,
Good news and bad news. First the bad news. I've heard waaaay more Aggie jokes over the years than I can possibly count.
Now the good news. Those were two I'd never heard!!
By the way, although I love Texas and will live there again someday, Upstate NY is beautifull! Lakes, trees, rolling hills, dairy farms. Winters are kinda tough, but they only last 9 months!
Don

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Well I've finally gotten around to the flickr thing and have posted 5 pictures showing a portion of my clocks. More will follow.

Regards,

Richard T.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitrzac
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller