Post WWII Chinese Day Date Clock

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by rlwindle, Feb 4, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rlwindle

rlwindle Registered User

Mar 18, 2011
    Technical Writer
    Dallas, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I won this in auction on eBay, the clock runs beautifully and the case is really beautiful. It is a day and date clock that displays military time in a small window above the 6. The logo is three 5s in a cluster with an upside down yen mark. Do any of you gents know how to adjust the date. If you move the hands past midnight the day and date change completely after 2:00 AM. There appears to be a small arbor below the Military time window but there is no Key for this arbor and the key that came with it will not fit there. The door features a place for the bob and the key, but no insturctions on how to change the day and date manually. Anybody got a clue?

Thanks

Rusty

Attached Files:

2. soaringjoy

soaringjoy Registered User
    Sponsor

Feb 12, 2009
    Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Rusty, you are going to show us the movement, front side too,
    aren't you? :)
    Just my thinking, the key is a replacement and the original would have been
    double ended for the date setting arbor. Also leads me to the conclusion, the
    "key wings" would have had the shape of the bottom plate cut-out.
    The movement does have some kind of East German attitude to it, except for the
    open springs.

3. rlwindle

rlwindle Registered User

Mar 18, 2011
    Technical Writer
    Dallas, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I will try get pics of the front of the movement today.

I thought about the double ended key also, I have a number that I bought bulk (54) on eBay for my clocks that no longer have theirs, but none of them worked. It is an interesting clock and the case is very nice except for the one chip in the veneer in the front.

Russ