Help Post needs moved from "Watch Stories"

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Jim Haney, May 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tom, I didn't see way to report it so I am doing it this way. looks like a newbie has posted in the wrong forum

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Jim, Lot's of newcomers seem to merge blogs and discussions in their mind. I think I can move it to the appropriate location.

3. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You have to get rid of the black flag that you haven't read the forum

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It should turn to blank when all the content has been read or nothing is new for 30 days. I have not been able to get that working reliably. I also decided that the particular post he made there was the start of an "about me" type of blog, which we are trying to encourage.

I wanted the contents of Member News & Views to be our opinion and personal stories blog, but Dan did not think he was getting enough traffic, so we set up a forum. The blog has the advantage that the owner can edit it as much as they like. The current view is what is visible, but anyone who wants to see the history of the edits can do so.

The blog writer also has control of pictures and size, where they are placed, etc. It is harder to compose because there are lots of options. The tutorials comprise a course on its use.

I will keep working on getting the read status to change, but I have a bit less time right now with the National approaching.