Possible idea on how to spark interest in eMart

Discussion in 'Forums Help & Notices' started by Kim G., Dec 6, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Kim G.

Kim G. Registered User

Sep 2, 2008
    I am the proud MOM of a 26 month old Eclectus Parr
    Covina Hills, California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Saturday
    December 6, 2008
    3:40 P.M.

I have an idea on how to generate more activity in the eMart.

I am sure that all of you have some type of horological item that you could part with. Wouldn't it be cool to send everyone a one time announcement asking for volunteers for a good cause? We could offer everyone an opportunity to list one horological item on the eMart, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the NAWCC (wherever they are needed most). Maybe when they log into their account they can get a new message window with the announcement.

I think that it would be worth a try. I think that it would be a creative way to spark an interest. It's possible that the reason some do not use the eMart is because they have no reference. It can't hurt, and maybe some will come back and use it again, and that might encourage users that are not members, to become members!

Any thoughts?

Kim Gerard
    NAWCC Member #0169537

2. LloydB

LloydB Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Male
    Retired
    La Crosse, Wisconsin's West Coast
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

3. Jon Hanson

Jon Hanson Registered User
    NAWCC Member Golden Circle

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It is simple--add the emart to the message board to make it more visible. Members can post; non members can read only and drool...............................:eek:

4. Brian C.

Brian C. Registered User

Jun 9, 2001
    NH
    Country Flag:
    Jon,
    How many times do you have to say that, before someone will listen?
    Brian C.

5. Jon Hanson

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Brian, they could be either deft or stupid, or both.

6. Ray Fanchamps

Ray Fanchamps Deceased
    Deceased

Aug 24, 2000
    N'er do well......
    LLareggub
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Feedback, both positive and negative is always welcome. Your remarks speak well to the value of your contributions here.

Sincerely

7. Jon Hanson

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Excuse me.............the question was asked and I answered!:eek:

8. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes well we were going to do the whole e-mart thing tomorrow but Jon just hurt our feelings so now we aren't going to do it at all EVER. We have to punish the whole class for one bad kids behavior. :^

Seriously though the IAC has a list of projects--including these. The NAWCC Board of Directors has written a standing rule giving the Executive Director full power over this resource, the E-Mart, etc. The ED in turn has turned to the IAC asking us for written documentation and laid out plans for what to do.

If you want to help make things happen we need technical writers more than anything else. I am appearantly the only writer in the group. I pushed through a new rules, policies, and operations plan for this message board and it is getting finalized now for early next year. Proposals need written or no action ever happens. Join the IAC and help help help!

9. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jon, sorry for my early-morning sarcastic humor (in italics above). I realize that sarcasm doesn't come across well in writing and is open to misinterpretation on message boards.

To everyone else I apologize for my confusing comment in italics above. I got some PMs that misinterpreted it. I meant it as a poke in jest at a friend.

10. Jon Hanson

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    NO PROBLEM FOR ME. It seems the spark is long gone!