• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Possible Egon Steimer Cuckoo Clock

Wendy Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2021
Country
I've aquired this clock and trying to get some information on it. I don't know much about clocks, and searching I only found one that was similar and it was an Egon Steimer? If anyone is able to help identify, would be greatly appreciated. cuckoo.jpg cuckoo2.jpg
[ATTACHREUSE]

inside clock.jpg clock initials.jpg

Wendy Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2021
Country
I think you're correct on the Egon Steimer Titisee identification. Here's a thread that has some information. Is it running and does the bird cuckoo? Nice looking clock!

Egon Steimer Cuckoo Clock Parts needed | NAWCC Forums
Thanks! Yes it runs and the bird will Cuckoo, also the music plays. It came from a well taken care of estate. Someone else also thought Egon Steimer, just couldn't figure out the Mechanism initials of R/F

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
just couldn't figure out the Mechanism initials of R/F
Welcome to the forum, Wendy.

Although your pictures are quite small, what you refer to looks like "R L Z" to me and appears to have been scratched into the movement, as opposed to being factory applied. As such, they were probably scratched onto the movement by a repair person or prior owner and have no meaning.

Egon Steimer were probably retailers or case makers. They did not make the movement.

Regards.

Wendy Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2021
Country
Welcome to the forum, Wendy.

Although your pictures are quite small, what you refer to looks like "R L Z" to me and appears to have been scratched into the movement, as opposed to being factory applied. As such, they were probably scratched onto the movement by a repair person or prior owner and have no meaning.

Egon Steimer were probably retailers or case makers. They did not make the movement.

Regards.
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smartin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-