• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Barr & Poole Poole Glass Dome Clock Problem

telechro

Dec 27, 2008
I have an early Poole clock that has a movement I haven't seen in any other posts. I've uploaded pictures of the clock movement to: Poole pages.

I've never had this clock working although I've owned it for a number of years. While looking at the hipp toggle recently I noticed there was a piece of brass at the lower part of the movement that was about to come off. The piece came off, and I can't tell how it is supposed to be reattached. It could be either attached horizontally or vertically (looks like a small tab about 1/16" long.)

I've also posted a picture where I think the part came from at Poole clock part
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

fixoclox

NAWCC Member
Apr 4, 2007
East Rockaway ,NY
fixoclox.net
Country
Hello Welcome to the message board. The toggle is fitted at the bottom of the crutch rod> to find out which way it goes thread it ion to a piece of thread and let gravity take over. Usually the longer end is pointing down. There should be no binding and no oil used in this location. Good Luck bill@fixoclox

Attachments

telechro

Dec 27, 2008
Thanks for the replay, but it is not the toggle or the piece that hits the toggle that is broken. It is a small brass fixed tab. i'm not sure exactly what its role was. If you have this model clock I would like to follow up with you if possible.

Thanks.

fixoclox

NAWCC Member
Apr 4, 2007
East Rockaway ,NY
fixoclox.net
Country
After looking over your pictures again. I think that brass peice is too small to be that tab for the pendulum. There looks to be some kind of a star washer inside the bottom of the battery tube. Maybe it is a piece of that. bill

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MR.DIGG
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit