Barr & Poole Poole clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by analogtime, Jun 1, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. analogtime

analogtime Registered User

Feb 4, 2005
    Retired Steamfitter
    Wi
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have just received a poole clock that is missing the pendulum and the retainer for the batteries. Its the Bakelite model like a cathedral clock with the open battery compartment on the back. The problem is the batteries don't stay in and there appears to have been some kind of clip in the middle battery. Also on the pendulum leader it seems that there should be a hook above the bottom of the leader and a slot for bottom of the leader to extend through. I have searched the site and most pictures are not available. Are there any repair articles written on these clocks.I have a SWCC,ATO and a Never Wind working but these seem to be the most complicated of the lot

2. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    #2 eskmill, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    There was a good, well written and nicely illustrated NAWCC Bulletin article written all about the Poole battery clock several years ago. It and Martin Swetsky's "Guide to Electrical Horology" are probably the only places you'll find out what your Poole clock needs.

Have fun making your Poole clock run 40 strokes of the pendulum between impulses! It's doable with patience.

3. analogtime

analogtime Registered User

Feb 4, 2005
    Retired Steamfitter
    Wi
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have the Poole Melrose Model 20 and would like the pendulum dimensions,the length from the top hook to the center of the bob.