Barr & Poole Poole Clock - Suspension Spring Replacement

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Kobayashi Maru, Dec 27, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Good day all - I'm relatively new to the clock collecting hobby, and have a Poole clock. There is a small flat piece of metal at the top of the pendulum, which in turn connects to the top of the clock frame. This metal band, which I would guess is called the suspension spring, has broken in half. Can this be repaired and/or replaced? I don't have a local clock repair shop...any suggestions on a good company? I do have all of the parts, and could ship them.

2. Good day all - I'm relatively new to the clock collecting hobby, and have a Poole clock. There is a small flat piece of metal at the top of the pendulum, which in turn connects to the top of the clock frame. This metal band, which I would guess is called the suspension spring, has broken in half. Can this be repaired and/or replaced? I don't have a local clock repair shop...any suggestions on a good company? I do have all of the parts, and could ship them.

3. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    I'd suggest not to mail the broken suspension spring assembly to a supplier. Despite their prudence and care, small parts get lost.

Instead, try finding the closest match to your pieces from a supplier's on-line catalog. There are several that have have at least part of their catalogs on-line.

My first choice would be Timesavers. They're at www dot timesavers dot com. Last I looked they have illustrations of suspension springs.

You may try fabricating one but it is difficult to work the thin spring material without kinks which will cause the pendulum to wobble.