• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Barr & Poole Poole candlestick clock

J

jparker

I recently acquired a Poole candlestick model clock. The clock is running, however the pendulum is a leader with a common style bob attached, which I know is not correct. I have a Poole bob pendulum, however it is a little too long (1/4 inch). I can cut off a piece of the pendulum rod and it will fit and still leave adjustment. While looking at the other Poole clocks I have, I wanted to make sure that the stick and bob pendulum is what this clock is suppose to have. If so, I will shorten the rod. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them. Thanks Jim

J

jparker

I recently acquired a Poole candlestick model clock. The clock is running, however the pendulum is a leader with a common style bob attached, which I know is not correct. I have a Poole bob pendulum, however it is a little too long (1/4 inch). I can cut off a piece of the pendulum rod and it will fit and still leave adjustment. While looking at the other Poole clocks I have, I wanted to make sure that the stick and bob pendulum is what this clock is suppose to have. If so, I will shorten the rod. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them. Thanks Jim

J

jparker

Well I didn't get any response from my clock buddies, so I guess no one had any better suggestions. I cut down the pendulum rod on the one I had and the clock is up and running. Jim

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVGB
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit