Barr & Poole Poole candlestick clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by jparker, Feb 1, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. jparker

jparker Guest

I recently acquired a Poole candlestick model clock. The clock is running, however the pendulum is a leader with a common style bob attached, which I know is not correct. I have a Poole bob pendulum, however it is a little too long (1/4 inch). I can cut off a piece of the pendulum rod and it will fit and still leave adjustment. While looking at the other Poole clocks I have, I wanted to make sure that the stick and bob pendulum is what this clock is suppose to have. If so, I will shorten the rod. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them. Thanks Jim

2. jparker

jparker Guest

I recently acquired a Poole candlestick model clock. The clock is running, however the pendulum is a leader with a common style bob attached, which I know is not correct. I have a Poole bob pendulum, however it is a little too long (1/4 inch). I can cut off a piece of the pendulum rod and it will fit and still leave adjustment. While looking at the other Poole clocks I have, I wanted to make sure that the stick and bob pendulum is what this clock is suppose to have. If so, I will shorten the rod. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them. Thanks Jim

3. jparker

jparker Guest

Well I didn't get any response from my clock buddies, so I guess no one had any better suggestions. I cut down the pendulum rod on the one I had and the clock is up and running. Jim