popeye

May 8, 2005
Country
I love it!

Here are some new options:

* Double Click On Each Picture To Enlarge
*Add Polling Feature
*Can Change Style/Color Of Board( Scroll to bottom of page and
lower left corner has drop down box of options of look. There is even a large print option)
*Add Picture of yourself

waricks

Jun 2, 2008
Washington State
Country
Region
I actually like it alot - it is kinda early to tell though and there was not much I didn't like about the old board. I figure it will work great and there were good reasons to make the change. Kudo's to all the people that worked hard on it and Thank you for making this a great place to come and learn!

Bill

itbme1987

May 18, 2008
NY
Country
Region
i think its pretty neat, itll take some getting used to but pretty neat, it seems to load a little quicker too

Jon Hanson

NAWCC Member
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston, Ma.
www.americanhorologe.com
Country
Region
operation of the old board was insane and a waste of time--this Sam Kirk, web horology like board is clean, fast and efficient!

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
The "team" deserves credit for salvaging a sometimes slow and uncertain but functional message board. They turned it "inside-out," retaining much of its likeness and familiarity, added features and made it responsive.

I think Hanson's remark about the previous version being a waste of time is certainly true in the strictest sense. I'd sure like to have all the minutes back I lost waiting, waiting, waiting and trying again.

Thanks team.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I only voted like it. As i have not had enough time to look around and see everything it has to offer.

Chris Radano

Feb 18, 2004
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Not used to using. You can't say it enough- Great job to everyone involved. There was a need, and the need was addressed.

Richard S

Nov 23, 2005
I like it. Haven't tried or even discovered all of its features, but the appearance is nice and clean, it displays images nicely. I guess the main thing about the Board-the contributions of the members are what made the old Board so good, and so this new one should be even better as it looks like it will be easier to use. Kudos to all the people that worked hard on the change. Richard

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
I like the looks of it, it looks pretty.

The search feature is the key feature that I like. A+++++++ on that..!

Unlike the one before where each search result was fully displayed and made us search through pages of results, this one is like the one before that where just a portion of the small entry is given which gives a good clue as to what post is pertanent or not.

Only one feature that may or may not be an issue is replying to a previous post.

In the old style the previous post where still obtainable during the reply process, where by one could scroll down to review what was said and then scroll again upward to work out the reply.

One could go up and down and up and down to write responses to multiple post of same thread. In the current manner, when replying, one is blind as there is no refference.

You can quote a post and leave it on the bottom of a reply and then examine the text to respond apropriate. It helps to have the text when the questions are detailed/extensive.

Navigation of this new board is just a matter of familiarity. I have yet to figure out what "quick reply" is. :)

RJ

Ray Fanchamps

Deceased
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
LLareggub
Country
Region
If you use "quick reply", the icon farthest right of the last post above the dialogue box, you retain the page you are looking at. Quick reply has limited functions but allows the page view whilst responding.

If you click on the blue "Post Reply" icon, left side under the last post, then you get an empty dialogue box and if you scroll down the page below the box the other posts are available to review.

The board can be used at a very simple level but some user will find some very useful tools once they know their way around.

Last edited:

ClockJim

Nov 16, 2004
North Central Ohio
pages.google.com
Country
I’ll try the Quick Reply and vote a positive for the new MB… I haven’t spent much time finding all the bells and whistles… but I sure with time my skills will appear.

haneyk

Apr 15, 2007
Is there anyway to go directly to one forum topic listing from another without having to go back to the whole list, like you could do before with the drop dwon menu at the top?

David Robertson

Jan 6, 2003
Country
Region
I like the board but do not like the notification system. I like to get the individual, complete messages when they happen and like to be able to subscribe for that service by forum.

I understand some future enhancements to the MB will contain this feature... I am very anxious for it to be implemented.

I keep a personal, searchable archive of all MB messages and am going to miss the ones sent during the period until the enhancement is made.

Robert Gary

Member, NAWCC Board of Directors
Director
NAWCC Member
Feb 26, 2003
Southern California
Country
Region
Is there anyway to go directly to one forum topic listing from another without having to go back to the whole list, like you could do before with the drop dwon menu at the top?
haneyk:

I think you are referring to the "Forum Jump" button at the very bottom right of each page.

Is this what you were looking for?

RobertG

lak611

Mar 28, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Country
Region
I like it a lot so far. It looks more like the other messsage boards that I belong to. It does not really take any getting used to. The old board was tricky, because it did not resemble any other board I belong to.

The only thing I dislike is that all my old subscriptions disappeared. I went back to see all my posts and resubscribed to some of the old threads I wanted to keep current with.

rrwatch

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2000
Pooler, GA USA
www.antiquewatchmaker.com
Country
Region
I like it. Still learning to use all the new features.
I would like to have the NAWCC membership banner back.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spiketock
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool