Poljot 3133 chronograph-Any opinions on this watch?

R

RonC

Are the movements any good? How about the cases?

Thanks,
Ron :)

fuzzuki

Dec 11, 2001
No, the movements are no good.

But it's a collectable watch.

Buy it cheap now, sell for much more in 20 years.

rob

J

jmk@izzy.net

Regarding the Russian chronos, I have (2). The Blancpain style Day-Night Chrono, and the Buran. I have worn the Blancpain style for about 6 months daily and and have kept the Buran running for about 4 months. Both watches ran a little slow and were adjusted over a period of a few days and since have kept time within about 5 seconds a day. Both have long running times, about 62 hours but keep better time if wound every day. I would rate the cases as excellent and in both watches the internet pictures did not do the watches justice. They are both beautiful cases and bands. I like the fact that they are hand wound because that makes them a little thinner ( 12.9 mm) and easier on the wrist. Also, the movement can be seen without the usual half moon rotor in the way.
As for the movements, I have not taken them apart but they are certainly not as pretty as even the simplest of ETA movements but I can not comment on their durability or longetivity. The chronograph function on both watches works well except for the small minute register which in both cases sometimes does not return to zero when the return pusher is engaged, but usually does on the second attempt. This could probably be corrected but I am not going to bother. These are inexpensive watches that I choose to wear daily because I like them and I'll probably never bother to clean them because it will be cheaper to throw them in the drawer and buy new ones. I paid less than $150 each, brand new, and if I get 5 years out of them , great. Worth every penny.
Hope that helps, - I'll post some pictures when I get around to it.
Regards,
John Kosmalski

W

Walter Del Pellegrino

Don't confuse the two. Poljot in Russia makes watches for the working class Russian. Poljot International in Germany is a division of Poljot making extremely nice pieces for the European market and those watches are priced between $500.00 to $1,000.00. Each of these is hand finished, tested, retested and certified before leaving the factory. They use both Poljot and ETA movements. These are the collectibles of the future.
I just purchased a Russian made Poljot Aviator for very little money (well under $100). Its an impressive 45mm by 13mm high monster with a 2614 manual wind movement. Its a limited edition of 999 (a tribute to early flight pioneer Valery Chkalov). Where else can you get so much for so little

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
No, the movements are no good.

But it's a collectable watch.

Buy it cheap now, sell for much more in 20 years.

rob
20 years on: I would not suppose that someone has become rich with these :cool:.

With regard to the quality, this depends on when made. I have one from the end of 70s or beginning of the 80s. It is very reliable, precise and of very good quality. With respect to the movement quality, there are various details, which distinguish the "early" ones from the post 1990 variants, although most people would not note the differences (I have a "late" one as well). After about 1990 the production of identically looking models was continued for export, but quality really suffered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manus2eire
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-