Pocket/Wrist Watch Help

John Brown

Nov 21, 2010
I acquired three watches long ago. I'll put them all in three different posts per the 10 picture limit. My grandfather passed many years ago and these have just been sitting in the house and I finally decided today to try to find out what these are. There are some things that are obvious but I am definitely not a watch guy. I just would love to know

What they are:
When they were made:
Where they were made:
Value:

They are not for sale, I just want to genuinely know what they are. They meant a lot to him and I just want to know what they are. There are two pocket watches and one wrist watch. Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me. Thanks and happy holidays!

Small Waltham
View attachment 3930
View attachment 3931
View attachment 3932
View attachment 3933
View attachment 3934
View attachment 3935
View attachment 3936
View attachment 3937

John Brown

Nov 21, 2010
I acquired three watches long ago. I'll put them all in three different posts per the 10 picture limit. My grandfather passed many years ago and these have just been sitting in the house and I finally decided today to try to find out what these are. There are some things that are obvious but I am definitely not a watch guy. I just would love to know

What they are:
When they were made:
Where they were made:
Value:

They are not for sale, I just want to genuinely know what they are. They meant a lot to him and I just want to know what they are. There are two pocket watches and one wrist watch. Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me. Thanks and happy holidays!

Large Waltham
View attachment 3938
View attachment 3939
View attachment 3940
View attachment 3941
View attachment 3942
View attachment 3943
View attachment 3944
View attachment 3945
View attachment 3946
View attachment 3947

John Brown

Nov 21, 2010

What they are:
When they were made:
Where they were made:
Value:

Rolex
View attachment 3948
View attachment 3949
View attachment 3950
View attachment 3951
View attachment 3952
View attachment 3953

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
the Rolex is nice. what happened to the parts of the first one? Looks like a Waltham 1873 with most of the parts missing. We are not allowed to discuss value on this board being a non-profit organization. Let it be said that the 14K case is worth something on the 1st one. The second one is a low grade Waltham 1899/1908, the case is worth more than the movement but being an heirloom makes it valuble to you. Write down the information on your grandfather and any information you may have on when and how he acquired the watches and keep them for the next gereration. Maybe you can find a movement for the 14K case cheaply on ebay or a local watch club mart. You should take the Rolex to a jeweler for an evaluation. Do any of the two complete watches run?

John Brown

Nov 21, 2010
You know, I'm not sure what happened to the parts. The Rolex works. The other two don't. They are even missing hands and on the big one, there is even a crack in on the facing. Any idea what it would cost to fix them and where? Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrydodge
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller