• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Pocket Watch with Attached Compass

Rhylith

New User
Mar 27, 2008
I've been looking for a pocket watch with an attached compass like this one,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Watch_compass_small.jpg

I've contacted the owner of the picture, but he didn't know anything about it, it was his roommates watch years ago. In the picture I can make out field and stream and the year 1971. I've tried finding more information on this watch with no success, can anyone else identify it?

Does anyone know of any other pocket watches with attached compasses other then the fob-style watches?

Fred Hansen

NAWCC Member
Aug 18, 2002
Country
I don't recognize the one you have shown a photo, but I believe there is a watch by Ingraham called the "Pathfinder" that has a small compass in the crown.

Also I've seen some compasses in pocketwatch style casings that are marked Waltham (I assume meaning the Waltham Watch Co.), but these are without a watch.

Fred

Rhylith

New User
Mar 27, 2008
Thanks, I'll look around for the pathfinders then. I've seen the pocketwatch style compasses, but I not terribly interested in them.

chobbs

New User
Apr 28, 2010
Mornin' folks,

This image has bugged me as well, since I have been looking for a pocket watch w/ compass (keep coming across pocket watch style compasses, much to my aggravation).

After a bit of sleuthing and a lot of guess and checking, I believe the image is of one:
“Stream Mens Navigator Watch”, model F20PKTU.
The 1971 you mentioned was probably their usual “Since 1871”that they engrave on their timepieces.

Unfortunately, the front of the watch is not as impressive to me as the handy compass. Time to keep looking!

Last edited:

jsmvigil

New User
Oct 8, 2014
[ihave this exact watch QUOTE=Rhylith;284768]I've been looking for a pocket watch with an attached compass like this one,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Watch_compass_small.jpg

I've contacted the owner of the picture, but he didn't know anything about it, it was his roommates watch years ago. In the picture I can make out field and stream and the year 1971. I've tried finding more information on this watch with no success, can anyone else identify it?

Does anyone know of any other pocket watches with attached compasses other then the fob-style watches?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

onsite

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2011
CehNehDeh
Country
Region
I can also make out 'Japan Quartz Movement Stainless Steel" the rest is indecipherable to me.

Perhaps contacting Field and Stream magazine would get you some information.

I suspect it was a promotional item.

PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
Here is a E. Ingraham Pathfinder & a Ansonia Scouts Compass Watch.
Dave

PICT0002.JPG PICT0003.JPG PICT0001.JPG PICT0002.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACBurke
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent