PMing

Discussion in 'Just Practicing and Learning' started by Marty101, Jun 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Retired-bad back but still movin'.
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Friends...please help. Give me a kick,anything...how in the name of all Pocket Watches,great AND small,can one member contact another through the PM?
    I'm bad at navigating here,obviously. I have spent way to long bouncing around.
    I have always answered received messages and never needed to send. Until today.

2. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Marty,

If you hover over your avatar at top right, between 'Donations' and the search magnifying glass, you'll see 'PM/Conversations' in the right hand column; click on that and away you go. You'll see a box 'Start a new conversation' on the top right. 'Conversations' is the new name for PMs since the move to the new Xenforo platform.

Regards,

Graham

3. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Graham,thank you...I have the PM/Conversation page. But I can use a little more help if you are still around,my friend.

Just how do I contact a member? I can find them,click and get their Profiles,but see no way to email them. The only data I can get are there user names. I see no "Copy and Paste" type data I can use for contact. What piece am I not seeing?

-I do see the "start a new conversation" on the left of the PM/Conversation page but again-I can't seem to get the personal contact data of a member.

4. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Marty,

If you click on the member's name under their avatar on the left of a post they've made, you'll see this:

upload_2019-6-27_13-45-50.png

You can then click on the 'Start a Conversation' line. Alternatively, click on the 'Members' pull-down on the top of every page, or use the search magnifying glass to find them.

Regards,

Graham

5. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    You can simply type in a user name on the Participants line. As you type, the system will probably give you one or more suggestions from which you can choose the correct one(s).

6. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Thank you;both of you men.
    It surprises me sometimes just how bad I am at this. It's embarrassing after all these years!

7. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Not to worry, Marty. Now you'll be able to help the next guy with the same problem ;)

8. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    My hand is always out-whatever I can do,I will.
    :)

musicguy and gmorse like this.