• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

PMing

Marty101

NAWCC Member
Oct 28, 2007
Niagara Falls,N.Y.
Country
Friends...please help. Give me a kick,anything...how in the name of all Pocket Watches,great AND small,can one member contact another through the PM?
I'm bad at navigating here,obviously. I have spent way to long bouncing around.
I have always answered received messages and never needed to send. Until today.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi Marty,

If you hover over your avatar at top right, between 'Donations' and the search magnifying glass, you'll see 'PM/Conversations' in the right hand column; click on that and away you go. You'll see a box 'Start a new conversation' on the top right. 'Conversations' is the new name for PMs since the move to the new Xenforo platform.

Regards,

Graham

Marty101

NAWCC Member
Oct 28, 2007
Niagara Falls,N.Y.
Country
Graham,thank you...I have the PM/Conversation page. But I can use a little more help if you are still around,my friend.

Just how do I contact a member? I can find them,click and get their Profiles,but see no way to email them. The only data I can get are there user names. I see no "Copy and Paste" type data I can use for contact. What piece am I not seeing?

-I do see the "start a new conversation" on the left of the PM/Conversation page but again-I can't seem to get the personal contact data of a member.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi Marty,

If you click on the member's name under their avatar on the left of a post they've made, you'll see this:

upload_2019-6-27_13-45-50.png

You can then click on the 'Start a Conversation' line. Alternatively, click on the 'Members' pull-down on the top of every page, or use the search magnifying glass to find them.

Regards,

Graham

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I do see the "start a new conversation" on the left of the PM/Conversation page but again-I can't seem to get the personal contact data of a member.
You can simply type in a user name on the Participants line. As you type, the system will probably give you one or more suggestions from which you can choose the correct one(s).

Marty101

NAWCC Member
Oct 28, 2007
Niagara Falls,N.Y.
Country
Thank you;both of you men.
It surprises me sometimes just how bad I am at this. It's embarrassing after all these years!

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Not to worry, Marty. Now you'll be able to help the next guy with the same problem ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onge
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-